5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean I think its safe to say Hahn would can TLR if he had approval to do so.  But even the Chairman can't be watching this club and be impressed with how they look.  They're frankly lucky to be .500, and look uninterested.  A change in the clubhouse is sorely needed.  

The team has a -26 run differential. Their record is far better than it should be. 

If the coaching is as bad as most people think and the players are all underperformed. What is the reason for the record being better than the performance?

Is is truly just baseball luck?

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

The team has a -26 run differential. Their record is far better than it should be. 

If the coaching is as bad as most people think and the players are all underperformed. What is the reason for the record being better than the performance?

Is is truly just baseball luck?

They haven’t exactly blown teams out and have had some awful games where they were blown out. I think just baseball luck.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Prediction: the White Sox win 1 or both of the next 2 games against the Royals, taking the series, moving over .500, and this talk quiets.

Then they go to the Bronx. By Sunday, people aren’t happy.

Yeah, Sox really need both of the 2 next because they'll be lucky not to get swept in the Bronx. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Prediction: the White Sox win 1 or both of the next 2 games against the Royals, taking the series, moving over .500, and this talk quiets.

No doubt. Winning cures all.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

We had a chance to sweep the DH yesterday which could have led to a sweep of the 5 game series, instead we got another one of TLR's inane lineups. Winning 3 out of the 5 against KC will feel more like a loss of the series, the Sox need to win tonight and tomorrow and go to NY on a little bit of a roll and 2 games over .500.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We had a chance to sweep the DH yesterday which could have led to a sweep of the 5 game series, instead we got another one of TLR's inane lineups. Winning 3 out of the 5 against KC will feel more like a loss of the series, the Sox need to win tonight and tomorrow and go to NY on a little bit of a roll and 2 games over .500.

For the record, if we do win both that puts us at 12-6 in May.  If we can take 3 our of the next 5 against KC & NY and come back home to face Boston and the Cubs to close out May I wouldn't feel horrible about it.

15 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

For the record, if we do win both that puts us at 12-6 in May.  If we can take 3 our of the next 5 against KC & NY and come back home to face Boston and the Cubs to close out May I wouldn't feel horrible about it.

The White Sox Are Coming, Tra La Tra La

Edited by A-Train to 35th
font size

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

I tend to give people second chances. I tend not to make quick or snap judgements. 

They made the playoffs after a weird season with a new staff. I'll give them another chance. 

Ricky didn’t even get one legitimate chance. He had two starting pitchers available in Oakland, one of whom couldn’t pitch four innings and who most here want gone. Hahn extended Ricky 60 games prior to firing him. Hahn’s two lineup 2020 lineup additions (Mazara and Encarnacion) sucked ass.

Hahn gets GM of the year, and Ricky gets shanked, all for the same exact team performance.

Jerry increased payroll by 50%, spent it on Tony and Ricks guys, brought in the first competent pitching coach in at least a decade (recruited by the player Jerry/Hahn screwed over for $50k this offseason), and the team has regressed the past two years.

Tony was sold as being a far better strategic manager. The team would always be prepared. He would never be out managed. A beat writer had to explain to him the rules of the game.

The team played with far more passion under Ricky. They never quit, Ricky never quit. Tony sleepwalks through games, his primary concern or action comes only when it comes to unwritten rules.

2021 and the first two months of 2022 was Tony’s second chance with the White Sox. And just like the first one, when he was correctly and thankfully shitcanned by Hawk Harrelson, the time has come to pull the plug on this debacle and attempt to salvage what remaining time is left with this core and season.

• Like 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic