CF- ROBERT

3B- MONCADA

1B- VAUGHN

DH- ABREU/GRANDAL/SHEETS

C- GRANDAL/McGUIRE

LF POLLOCK

RF ENGEL

2B HARRISON/LEURY

TA and Robert back to back just can't ever be allowed to happen again.   2 pitches and 2 outs far too often leads to the opposing SP going deeper into games 

4 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

TA and Robert back to back just can't ever be allowed to happen again.   2 pitches and 2 outs far too often leads to the opposing SP going deeper into games 

Putting your best hitters at the top makes sense to me, more at bats over the year is what you want. Robert is essentially still a rookie, he can learn to take pitches if the hitting coach and manager make a point of it..  It's either Robert or Vaughn in the #2,  We need to start thinking of the future.  I'll take my line-up over the ones Tony throws out there.

20 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Ricky didn’t even get one legitimate chance. He had two starting pitchers available in Oakland, one of whom couldn’t pitch four innings and who most here want gone. Hahn extended Ricky 60 games prior to firing him. Hahn’s two lineup 2020 lineup additions (Mazara and Encarnacion) sucked ass.

Hahn gets GM of the year, and Ricky gets shanked, all for the same exact team performance.

Jerry increased payroll by 50%, spent it on Tony and Ricks guys, brought in the first competent pitching coach in at least a decade (recruited by the player Jerry/Hahn screwed over for $50k this offseason), and the team has regressed the past two years.

Tony was sold as being a far better strategic manager. The team would always be prepared. He would never be out managed. A beat writer had to explain to him the rules of the game.

The team played with far more passion under Ricky. They never quit, Ricky never quit. Tony sleepwalks through games, his primary concern or action comes only when it comes to unwritten rules.

2021 and the first two months of 2022 was Tony’s second chance with the White Sox. And just like the first one, when he was correctly and thankfully shitcanned by Hawk Harrelson, the time has come to pull the plug on this debacle and attempt to salvage what remaining time is left with this core and season.

I don't disagree that they didn't give Renteria a fair shot. I liked him.

If you think 2 months of a season is a fair second chance, that's fine. I'll wait for the full season results. He obviously manages with the full 162 in mind not individual games.

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Putting your best hitters at the top makes sense to me, more at bats over the year is what you want. Robert is essentially still a rookie, he can learn to take pitches if the hitting coach and manager make a point of it..  It's either Robert or Vaughn in the #2,  We need to start thinking of the future.  I'll take my line-up over the ones Tony throws out there.

Moncada is and has to be in the 2 hole.  Hitting coach and TLR are mia and need to be fired so they aren't gonna all of a sudden preach patience when the entire team hitting philosophy for 2022, outside of like 2 guys, is "Swing at every pitch and hope you make contact"

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Moncada is and has to be in the 2 hole.  Hitting coach and TLR are mia and need to be fired so they aren't gonna all of a sudden preach patience when the entire team hitting philosophy for 2022, outside of like 2 guys, is "Swing at every pitch and hope you make contact"

I can go with Moncada in #2, makes sense he takes pitches and is a switch hitter.

8 minutes ago, foxaparicio said:

I just joined...can't figure out how to respond to a specific thing (post) yet....but...come on...it isn't Larussa....hit the fuckin ball Allright...just hit the ball...

Click on quote below the post that you want to respond to and GO, just as I did to respond to you.  Hope that helps.

Welcome to Soxtalk.

16 minutes ago, foxaparicio said:

I just joined...can't figure out how to respond to a specific thing (post) yet....but...come on...it isn't Larussa....hit the fuckin ball Allright...just hit the ball...

Welcome to Soxtalk!

19 minutes ago, foxaparicio said:

Agreed, excellent first post.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

SS- ANDERSON

CF- ROBERT

3B- MONCADA

1B- VAUGHN

DH- ABREU/GRANDAL/SHEETS

C- GRANDAL/McGUIRE

LF POLLOCK

RF ENGEL

2B HARRISON/LEURY

It's not that hard Tony, play them don't rest them until we are well over .500

You are only allowed to alter the DH, 2B and C, but let the rest of them play for 14-30 games without a rest.

Amen!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's just it.  I see an entire team under-performing, and giving some of the worst defensive production I have ever seen from a team with World Series aspirations, under a manager who was supposed to have everyone playing "the right way", and it seems WAAAAY too coincidental to all be happening at once.  Jose Abreu talking about leaving.  Tim Anderson playing defense worse than he did as a rookie.  Almost every single hitter we have is having one of their worst starts ever.  The pen is just a dumpster fire, even the guys who have histories of pitching well are having extremely bad outings way more often than their histories would indicate they should.

You see this as 26 coincidences.  I see it as 1.  Why is everyone failing all at once?  This is literally Tony's job.

Reminds me of our federal government.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, flavum said:

Day game tomorrow. Who sits after the Sox eek out a 3-2 win tonight?

Maybe just maybe Leury, but I doubt it, this link tells the story.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/leury-garcia-player-game-log?season=2022&seasonType=reg

The Mendoza Line is baseball jargon for a sub-.200 batting average, the absolute minimum threshold for competence at the Major League level.

Tony just keeps playing Leury at .185, even both games of a doubleheader......what a joke, he even had him bat leadoff.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add

57 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Outside of batting Vaughn ninth I have no complaints.

Fucking finally, please just run this defensive alignment out there through the NYY series. I'll even take Vaughn hitting 9th (ugh) as a tradeoff. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maggliopipe said:

Fucking finally, please just run this defensive alignment out there through the NYY series. I'll even take Vaughn hitting 9th (ugh) as a tradeoff. 

Every time one sees Leury or Harrison starting there's a tendency to ask yourself why didn't they just spend $11 million on a better player instead and not create two lineup holes simultaneously...

Also, might want to consider winning these two games before heading to the Bronx.  A loss tonight would mean 3 1/2 games back.  Low water mark is 4.5 games behind Minnesota at the end of that 8 game losing streak.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's just it.  I see an entire team under-performing, and giving some of the worst defensive production I have ever seen from a team with World Series aspirations, under a manager who was supposed to have everyone playing "the right way", and it seems WAAAAY too coincidental to all be happening at once.  Jose Abreu talking about leaving.  Tim Anderson playing defense worse than he did as a rookie.  Almost every single hitter we have is having one of their worst starts ever.  The pen is just a dumpster fire, even the guys who have histories of pitching well are having extremely bad outings way more often than their histories would indicate they should.

You see this as 26 coincidences.  I see it as 1.  Why is everyone failing all at once?  This is literally Tony's job.

TLRDS

• Capn12 unpinned this topic