5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

21 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Too bad he didn't include 2018  when they lost 100 games . I'd like to see how many times that team scored 5 or more runs in in their 1st 37 games.

Edit :Just looked it up the 2018 team scored 5 or more runs 13 times in their 1st 37 games

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I doubt they’d be looking to trade him but Ian Happ would be a great fit for the Sox.  He looks superb in LF this year.

If the Sox were going to trade for Happ, last year at the deadline was the time to do it. Maybe they could get their with guys from the system, but it'd be tough.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If the Sox were going to trade for Happ, last year at the deadline was the time to do it. Maybe they could get their with guys from the system, but it'd be tough.

If their guys do keep having success they might well have enough to do it by the deadline.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If their guys do keep having success they might well have enough to do it by the deadline.

Agreed. Definitely the brightest part of this season so far has been at the minor league level. The system is definitely better than it was last year.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Agreed. Definitely the brightest part of this season so far has been at the minor league level. The system is definitely better than it was last year.

Screw it.....bring up Yolbert sooner rather than later.  I've seen enough of Harrison's energy.  

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Nah, fuck this boring ass team. Just so damn unlikeable this year.

No joke.  They really are.  These guys act like they are king shit, but haven't done a fucking thing.  Going in to this season, it was probably the least excited I've been in over 20 years.  Maybe part of that was the lockout.  But the off season diarrhea from the front office didn't instill much excitement.  Then add in a terrible manager and a team that hasn't looked ready to play most games this season and you got a big pile of meh.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

This season reminds me of 2016. The solution is the same, but it's going to take longer this time. The Sox don't have a Chris Sale, Adam Eaton or Jose Quintana to trade on this go around. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

Give some take signs to our less disciplined hitters.  Offer bonus/perks for every walk taken.

When Tony calls for them to take, they don't listen.  At least last year that resulted in a home run once.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Screw it.....bring up Yolbert sooner rather than later.  I've seen enough of Harrison's energy.  

Yolbert has 3 extra base hits in like 120 PA's this year. I'm fine with calling him up, but he has a Harrisonesque profile too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Yolbert has 3 extra base hits in like 120 PA's this year. I'm fine with calling him up, but he has a Harrisonesque profile too.

At least he knows how to take a walk . But I'm sure the Sox are just going to wait and keep waiting .

It sucks when old RH vets like Harrison and Pollock, scrap heap pitchers and injured relievers and light hitting utility guys are given millions while youngsters paid minimum could probably do just as well if not better.

At least being young and adjusting to big league pitching is a legitimate excuse. There's really no excuses for many on the team being as bad as they have been. Acting like you've never seen inside fastballs and breaking pitches off the plate is not an excuse.

57 minutes ago, soulfly said:

No joke.  They really are.  These guys act like they are king shit, but haven't done a fucking thing.  Going in to this season, it was probably the least excited I've been in over 20 years.  Maybe part of that was the lockout.  But the off season diarrhea from the front office didn't instill much excitement.  Then add in a terrible manager and a team that hasn't looked ready to play most games this season and you got a big pile of meh.

They do hit a ton of foul balls. .... boring baseball on the South Side this year. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

This season reminds me of 2016. The solution is the same, but it's going to take longer this time. The Sox don't have a Chris Sale, Adam Eaton or Jose Quintana to trade on this go around. 

That’s not true. They have way more assets than they did in 2016. Don’t think they would commit to a rebuild at this point but they have a lot of valuable trade commodities if they were to do that.

53 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Things will be just fine. We are still in the Central race and it’s early in the season. Our offense will start producing. The only position I have concerns with is 2base

I wouldn't be so sure about Pollock.  That prolific Dodgers' offense allowed him to blend in seamlessly as an invaluable complementary piece.

We simply can't afford replacement level from our 5th/6th most important hitter in the lineup.

Once hitters get to 34 these days the drop off is quite steep.

3 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

That’s not true. They have way more assets than they did in 2016. Don’t think they would commit to a rebuild at this point but they have a lot of valuable trade commodities if they were to do that.

Who are these valuable trade commodities? There are none in the lower league system and probably only Robert and Anderson would get much from the MLB team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Not sure why their nationality needed to addressed...

You caught my drift right? And why not? They aren't Canadian. And it was robert and moncada soo....

7 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Good night my friend 

This is not worth watching 

We all continue to suffer together

I told myself before the season started this was a third place team. But that damn start got me excited.

2 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Who are these valuable trade commodities? There are none in the lower league system and probably only Robert and Anderson would get much from the MLB team.

Robert, Anderson, Giolito, Cease, Kopech, Moncada, Lynn (after return), Graveman, Hendriks, Vaughn.

That's ten.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Robert, Anderson, Giolito, Cease, Kopech, Moncada, Lynn (after return), Graveman, Hendriks, Vaughn.

That's ten.

Do you really think they would get much for Lynn, Graveman, Hendriks or Moncada based on current form and/or injury records? Not arguing just curious.

And wouldn't Robert, Cease and Kopech be a core you would want to rebuild around?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Do you really think they would get much for Lynn, Graveman, Hendriks or Moncada based on current form and/or injury records? Not arguing just curious.

And wouldn't Robert, Cease and Kopech be a core you would want to rebuild around?

I do think at a trade deadline you would likely get a solid piece back for each of Graveman and Hendriks. How good of one depends on if Hendriks’s ERA keeps dropping and if he keeps giving up home runs. If he’s back in a groove, that’s not all that different from the White Sox taking on Kimbrel’s deal while giving up a highly drafted piece. Graveman brought back a piece that was a top 6 prospect in the Astros system and who was showing promise at the major league level - for 2 months of control.

Moncada is a tougher one to figure out. A 4-5 WAR 3b has a lot of value, especially with a lot of control remaining. It’s hard to see teams giving up what it would take to get that guy fairly with that amount of control - that’s an Eaton like deal, and that type of deal isn’t always available.

If Lynn comes back strong someone would at least give you a top 10 prospect in their system plus absorb his contract to get him, teams always need pitching and his contract isn’t bad. 

If you had to do that though, the combination of affordable pitcher, 1.5 years of control, and high performance is Giolito. He’s a guy who should bring back a true top prospect + others at the deadline.

• Thanks 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic