5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

Just now, fathom said:

Really not sure why they rushed him back. He has nothing tonight.  Way to give the run right back Lucas.

Didn't want Keuchel's 2022 option to best.

Shades of 2014/15 Royals on basepaths.

I mean, Grandal has a, what, 3-5% rate of success throwing out anyone...even if the runners are held properly.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Didn't want Keuchel's 2022 option to best.

Shades of 2014/15 Royals on basepaths.

I mean, Grandal has a, what, 3-5% rate of success throwing out anyone...even if the runners are held properly.

Members of Soxtalk and Dallas Keuchel are the only people on earth who think his option for next year has a realistic chance to vest

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

22.35% runners thrown out for Yas, going into this game.

19/85

I should say, that is over his time with the Sox total. This year, 1 for 10 going into tonight, or a beefy 10% CS.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

I should say, that is over his time with the Sox total. This year, 1 for 10 going into tonight, or a beefy 10% CS.

That makes a lot more sense.

Because 66 stolen bases would be two per game.

Once upon a time, a 35-55% success rate was more the norm across baseball.

Edited by caulfield12

9 hours ago, flavum said:

2021 Braves games played-

Freeman, 159 

Swanson and Riley, 160

Albies, 156

Worked out ok for them.

TLR normally rests the best paid players who are getting millions to grab bench several times a month.  When you clinch a playoff spot, then you can start resting right and left.  Somebody should send the memo to TLR, which should also tell him it is not a sin to pinch hit with a resting player in a game situation.

Just now, fathom said:

Robert desperately needs to close his stance.  He looks helpless against inside fastballs.

He's been getting spammed with them for 3 years at this point. At times it seems like he'll make the adjustment but it hasn't stuck at all.

• Capn12 unpinned this topic