Roster Moves 5/18

maloney.adam

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

It’s just one start, but Martin was impressive. Hope he’s back at some point.

Lynn can be activated June 6th

If anything, his performance this year makes cutting Keuchel a little bit easier in a month or two as we have a solid arm to fill in for Kopech rest if the rest of the rotation isn't fully healthily. 

7 minutes ago, flavum said:

It’s just one start, but Martin was impressive. Hope he’s back at some point.

Lynn can be activated June 6th

He's got stuff, but you can see the inconsistency in it.  He needs repetitions to be able to lock in his stuff.  He did flash MLB SP stuff though,

Nice to finally see a starting pitcher from deep in the Draft, come up and actually perform very well. It was better than anything from Stiever or Lambert. About on par with Dunning in his initial games pitched (Of course Dunning was a first rounder). 

I hope we see Martin spot start here and there and maybe get a shot as fifth starter next year after Keuchel and Velasquez are gone. 

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I wonder whats going to happen when Eloy comes back. Can't help but wonder if they release AJ Pollock.

Unless someone else gets hurt, it's gotta be Sheets. Engel's speed and defense is more valuable than a left handed bat that doesn't do what it's supposed to.

2 hours ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

Nice to finally see a starting pitcher from deep in the Draft, come up and actually perform very well. It was better than anything from Stiever or Lambert. About on par with Dunning in his initial games pitched (Of course Dunning was a first rounder). 

I hope we see Martin spot start here and there and maybe get a shot as fifth starter next year after Keuchel and Velasquez are gone. 

I have a horrible feeling he will be traded for some ridiculous veteran reliever, or utility guy at or before the TDL.  And if so, wherever he goes, he will do very well.