AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

15 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The meeting with Mendechino worked, offense is back on track.

tony’s boys dont quit.

This ain't it.

More like "Tony's men realized they weren't performing, used smelling salts"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surprised how no ones mentioned how Anderson almost willed the Sox to that win with the 2 stolen bases 2 hits,2 RBI, 2 walks.

It was like he was saying if I can take walks even though I'm hitting .340 so can you and he desperately wanted to fire up the team with the 2 stolen bases.

That McGuire bunt hit with 2 strikes was also a big key.

BP with 4 scoreless innings.

1 hour ago, Highland said:

Best all -around game the team played all year. Only drawback was Tony's hit and run call that Gordon Beckham didn't want to discuss.

It was so long I made it from 2 a.m. through about 4:30 a.m., after Engel got thrown out following the 5-4 lead.

Woke up seeing the Robert homer and video highlights about two hours later.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Surprised how no ones mentioned how Anderson almost willed the Sox to that win with the 2 stolen bases 2 hits,2 RBI, 2 walks.

It was like he was saying if I can take walks even though I'm hitting .340 so can you and he desperately wanted to fire up the team with the 2 stolen bases.

That McGuire bunt hit with 2 strikes was also a big key.

BP with 4 scoreless innings.

Anderson and Robert are really going to have to carry the team on their backs if Abreu/Grandal can't, and Moncada's typical Moncada with occasional glimmers of brilliance interspersed with days of frustrating at-bats.

Relying on Jimenez to regain his offensive form AND not get hurt in the process doesn't seem like the smartest bet in the world.

That said, pleasantly surprised with the bullpen...well, at least until Hendriks' hire wire act channeled 2020 Colome minus the high velocity and emotional outbursts.

• Like 1

At this point, I just want the important/injured position players that aren't performing(Moncada, Eloy, arguably Vaughn) to get their shit together. 

If Abreu/Grandal/Pollock are just old and it sinks the season, so be it. 

I want there to be hope if they don't decide to trade Giolito and Lynn, because they probably won't. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

36 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

At this point, I just want the important/injured position players that aren't performing(Moncada, Eloy, arguably Vaughn) to get their shit together. 

If Abreu/Grandal/Pollock are just old and it sinks the season, so be it. 

I want there to be hope if they don't decide to trade Giolito and Lynn, because they probably won't. 

There is always hope. The 1st 38 games do not a season make. Despite the off season suckfest as a fan you have to take pleasure in individual performances and realize that the end result is usually not winning the World Series no matter how good you are. That's really all you can do as a Sox fan.

We can discuss it all endlessly of course and I know in my head who I blame but we watch baseball and the Sox because we love them both. Winning is a lot more fun than losing but am I enraged or depressed over them ? Hell no just another season to enjoy along with what is almost always  the same end result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There is always hope. The 1st 38 games do not a season make. Despite the off season suckfest as a fan you have to take pleasure in individual performances and realize that the end result is usually not winning the World Series no matter how good you are. That's really all you can do as a Sox fan.

We can discuss it all endlessly of course and I know in my head who I blame but we watch baseball and the Sox because we love them both. Winning is a lot more fun than losing but am I enraged or depressed over them ? Hell no just another season to enjoy along with what is almost always  the same end result.

What is going on so far reminds me of the 2014-16 "mired in mediocrity" years. I don't want to have that feeling again. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What is going on so far reminds me of the 2014-16 "mired in mediocrity" years. I don't want to have that feeling again. 

I think all of us will still take the 4-11 crash landing at the end of 2012 when it seemed like we might actually be able to overtake the Tigers in a season where we used 13 rookie pitchers and played defense so much better than the last season of Ozzie/Buehrle.

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Some seasons are better than others and disappointment is par of the course with Reinsdorf in charge.We got one World Series win in our lifetimes and plenty of Sox fans lived and died without one. That feeling you're talking about should be a minor one in the grand scheme of things. Perspective.

2 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Good win. Mopes mad as usual. Go cry @caulfield12 and @Jack Parkman. Your anger whenever the Sox win will never not amuse me.

Yes, I spent 2 1/2 hours in the middle of the night to watch the Sox lose because that's somehow more enjoyable.

Reread the game thread again until the time it was 3-1/4-1.

I don't think hardly ANYONE in the entire thread was overly optimistic.

If it was, who was that person who remained confident throughout the entire game they were going to win?

I even argued with Parkman that Luis Robert was not going to have a "ceiling" of 25 homers despite missing lots of time the first month.

Fathom has been cursing more this season than any year in memory.  That really sticks out to me.   When he gets fed up.   Most of the mods have already completely turned on TLR, it's not just Balta, Ray Ray and a few others, it's EVERYONE.  We are all watching the same blatant mistakes and not second guessing in hindsight.

I'm not going to go as far as saying that hoping for them to lose is a logical stance, because it doesn't guarantee anything more than JR and Hahn doubling down in their stubbornness.

The only times I've desired losses before was for draft pick positioning when they were clearly out of the playoffs (not that we took advantage of those picks other than Anderson and Rodon) and when I was hoping that Robin Ventura would mercifully be put out his misery one of those non competitive seasons when a long long losing streak might have meant a change in the manager's spot, even though it would have just been a cosmetic change.

In fact, Ventura deserves a ton of credit for "taking one for the team" and shielding Hahn, JR and KW from criticism over all those barren years.  It's hard to be too critical of him when he was/is one of your favorite players in Sox history and definitely didn't want to be manager, everyone knew that no matter how hard KW wanted to convince everyone that if war broke out Ventura would be one of the generals he would choose to lead us into battle.

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I may hate this team but I am a Sox fan and I'll applaud them for the win and 3-2 series win.

Glad to see Anderson and Robert do well again. This team blows but it is our fave team.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/golf/justin-thomas-2022-pga-championship-prices-spt-intl/index.html

Thought of Greg775 right away when reading this story.  As well as Tray (Rand).

$18 beers!  $16 garden salads!!

Thomas replied to the tweet with the report expressing his incredulity.

"$18(!!!!!!) for a beer... uhhhh what. Gotta treat the fans better than that!" the 29-year-old said.

When one twitter user challenged Thomas as to where he thought the large winner's prize pot came from, Thomas said humorously: "Tv deals, ticket sales, corporate sponsors, etc. from the looks of it if the concession stands were factored into our purse we would be playing for $15 million."

In his pre-tournament press conference, Thomas was asked about the prices, and he once again expressed his surprise and disappointment. He said it was something that had been commented on in the changing room among his fellow players.

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nice to see Robert move off the plate a few inches after his 1st AB and then started hitting again. Look for it if you can watch a replay of the game. I think Beckham pointed it out but I could see it if you look at where his back foot was that 1st AB then after.

Guys moving around in the box throughout the game, or even at bats, is pretty much a lost art at this point.  Very rarely see situational movement depending on the pitcher.  Only seem to see it when a guy changes up his routine to bust a slump.

5 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Guys moving around in the box throughout the game, or even at bats, is pretty much a lost art at this point.  Very rarely see situational movement depending on the pitcher.  Only seem to see it when a guy changes up his routine to bust a slump.

I think Anderson has been good at that....maybe Luis is learning from Tim.

How come the Sox aren't hitting many HRs? Robert has the HR stroke once in a while. I guess Sheets. The rare times he gets a hit it's a HR. He has 20 hits, four are HRs. Vaughn 18 hits, four are HRs. Abreu 28 hits, just three HRs.