5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

Not looking forward to this series, but maybe they'll surprise me. Also maybe that walkoff loss sends the Yankees into a spiral. Maybe a meteor hits Yankee stadium before the game and they can't play!

Just now, Polar Bear said:

If the coaches can drive home being selective at the plate and not swinging at balls i think we win.  So many early swing and swings out of the zone last time vs Cortes (and every game for that matter).   

Oh and righties need to focus on going away to right field heavily (especially with a very short porch in right)

We need Abreu, Grandal, Moncada and Pollack to start hitting and helping Anderson and Robert. We can't always expect Anderson & Robert to go 5-7 with 6 RBI's of the total 7 runs scored like yesterday. 

Get some pride and toughness boys and give the Yanks some serious payback for those last 3 losses of that 4 game series. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

We need Abreu, Grandal, Moncada and Pollack to start hitting and helping Anderson and Robert. We can't always expect Anderson & Robert to go 5-7 with 6 RBI's of the total 7 runs scored like yesterday. 

Get some pride and toughness boys and give the Yanks some serious payback for those last 3 losses of that 4 game series. 

Abreu actually had a great series against KC. 

Pollock also had hits in the last 4 games of the KC series and seems like he could be coming around.  He added 80 OPS in those 4 games.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Lineup out:

1. Anderson SS

2. Vaughn DH

3. Robert CF

4. Abreu 1B

5. Grandal C

6. Pollock LF

7. Moncada 3B

8. Engel RF

9. Harrison 2B

I'm good with this against a lefty.

I dig it.  

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So 9 righties against a lefty? If I’m in a minority here that’s fine but I feel like that never works. At least not against the good ones.

Well when the Sox legit only have 1 true lefty bat on the roster, not sure what you were expecting.  The Sox only bats with a track record from the left side are switch hitters, and they're in this lineup. 

Edited by ChiSox59
typo
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well when the Sox legit only have 1 true lefty bat on the roster, not sure what you were expecting.  The Sox only bats with a track record from the left side are switch hitters, and they're in this lineup. 

Good point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Oh and righties need to focus on going away to right field heavily (especially with a very short porch in right)

I could see Tim hitting a couple opposite field bombs this series.

• Like 1

• Capn12 changed the title to 5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes