5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Is Vaughn still a "sure thing"?

I'm getting frustrated with his development.

No. 

An underrated issue right now is the Sox blowing their high draft picks during the rebuild years. 

Vaughn still has time, and they completely screwed up Crochet by pigeonholing him as a reliever. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Never was. Very limited athletically which means the bat has to be special.  I’ve always felt his power was overrated, even in college.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No. 

An underrated issue right now is the Sox blowing their high draft picks during the rebuild years. 

Vaughn still has time, and they completely screwed up Crochet by pigeonholing him as a reliever. 

Crochet was never going to stay healthy as a starter.  I know Harold will disagree, but he was a bad pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Against RHP he's shown improvement. He's keep getting better as a hitter. Nothing comes all at once usually

He’s hitting .236 against RHP.  He started off looking better against them, but for the last week he looks the same as last season.

8 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

You have to set LeMahieu's Colorado numbers apart, but over time there is no reason to not think he can't equal those numbers with a higher HR number.