5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Crochet was never going to stay healthy as a starter.  I know Harold will disagree, but he was a bad pick.

Arguable. We'll never know though. My opinion is that they should have made Crochet prove that he wasn't a starter before moving him to the bullpen. Guys that throw that hard get injured regardless, so IMO that's a bad argument. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Never was. Very limited athletically which means the bat has to be special.  I’ve always felt his power was overrated, even in college.

Vaughn was never allowed to develop.  Instead of getting regular ABs in the minors and being allowed to develop defensively at his natural position, he was thrown into the major leagues right out of college and forced to play defensive positions where he had never played before while not even getting everyday ABs.  Considering all of this, I think he has done a great job learning under fire.  I still have high hopes for him as their starting first baseman if only they'll let him develop there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Good on Yaz.

Also l see gamethreads are still misery personified. This time it's Andrew Vaughn that's a bust?

To be fair, I think Dallas is causing most of the gamethread misery today.

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No. 

An underrated issue right now is the Sox blowing their high draft picks during the rebuild years. 

Vaughn still has time, and they completely screwed up Crochet by pigeonholing him as a reliever. 

Still wrong on this.