5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He swings this year like he’s never seen an offspeed pitch. 

This is what he did during the second half last year -- whiffing on changeup after changeup. When that was pointed out, his main supporters cited his OBP.

Both can be true. He gets on base and has yet to master hitting off-speed pitches, substantially lowering his ceiling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Friend of Nordhagen said:

Yes, it's early, but Vaughn is starting to remind me of Greg Walker as a hitter -- a gorgeous swing that doesn't quite seem to add up to production.

(But I'm sure Steve Stone will assure us for the 1000th time what a prodigious hitter he's going to be.)

Needs to be hitting more line drives and walking more 

Not enough clutch hitting again today.  Nobody getting close to the short right field porch.  We needed more runs with DK back to his old form.  Walking the below Mendoza line 9th. Hitter to get to LeMaheiu was a killer.  I wonder if we could replace DK in the rotation with Reynaldo Lopez,he looked good today.

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Yesterday. Oh I believe, in yesterday. Well, the day before yesterday.

Tomorrow tomorrow I love ya tomorrow.....oh please don't lose both those games.

31 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I mean he threw him 5 balls. Jason was right. Of course leury swings at 3 of them anyways.

That’s the entire team all year. I’m too lazy to look it up, but this team has to be at least flirting with least amount of walks in a season

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

That’s the entire team all year. I’m too lazy to look it up, but this team has to be at least flirting with least amount of walks in a season

On the body language watch, I wasn’t convinced when Vaughn did the Sox’ lil fist bumpy thingy on his single earlier.  Ozzie and Big Frank are still right.