5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

No. They are unlikely to cause an open rift in the clubhouse when they are running away with the division.

Good point.

Then again I guess I wouldn't mind a rift on that squad, so let's ask them.

1 hour ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Why did Grandal start the commotion and not TA when he heard it? I know Yaz was sticking up for him but did it bother Tim they much if he didn’t do anything about it originally?

Oh Tim had something to say too.  They got broke up pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, flavum said:

If Donaldson truly didn’t mean it to be a racial dig, he should show up tomorrow and apologize to Tim face to face, and that should be the end of it. Be grown ups. 

True dat. I don't get worked up at all any more. The fact it's a Yankee who said it (tons of fans across the USA) means Donaldson probably won't get canceled. Sick of cancel culture. Flavum said it all here, but I'm sure most everybody on this board and in the world will say flavum's stance is wrong. Seems to me Donaldson thought he and TA had an inside joke since Timmy said he felt like Jackie Robinson sometimes. A sigh and yawn from me, but I realize Donaldson is on the cancel ledge if not canceled already. Only thing would save him is Yankees are doing well and NYY fans will have his back. Peace out. (I realize my position on this is the minority so keep that in mind if/when u respond to blast me). I just agree with flavum's post is all.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

True dat. I don't get worked up at all any more. The fact it's a Yankee who said it (tons of fans across the USA) means Donaldson probably won't get canceled. Sick of cancel culture. Flavum said it all here, but I'm sure most everybody on this board and in the world will say flavum's stance is wrong. Seems to me Donaldson thought he and TA had an inside joke since Timmy said he felt like Jackie Robinson sometimes. A sigh and yawn from me, but I realize Donaldson is on the cancel ledge if not canceled already. Only thing would save him is Yankees are doing well and NYY fans will have his back. Peace out. (I realize my position on this is the minority so keep that in mind if/when u respond to blast me). I just agree with flavum's post is all.

I am old enough to remember when people actually believed in personal responsibility. 

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am old enough to remember when people actually believed in personal responsibility. 

Oh I think Josh D will get suspended for his comment. That will be him having to pay for what he did.

How long a suspension is the question. I do think the 2 should meet and discuss what is going on or talk on the phone. And if Timmy doesn't accept Josh's apology, I think Josh might be sitting a long time. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Anyone else think Moncada is still injured? 

I think those balls he hit to CF when he came back suggested he’s healthy to me, aside from tweaking a leg on Thursday. I do think he basically Was starting fresh weeks behind pitchers who were into things, so he needs some time to adapt.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I think those balls he hit to CF when he came back suggested he’s healthy to me, aside from tweaking a leg on Thursday. I do think he basically Was starting fresh weeks behind pitchers who were into things, so he needs some time to adapt.

That's fair enough. 

Been giving the guy shit lately and realized I was probably too harsh. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

I hate The Chop in a baseball park or setting. Putting aside the race-cultural associations, it is a football thing and works OK for Florida State in their stadium. Major League Baseball ain't college football.
This is a refrigerator - this is a Cray Supercomputer --- can you tell the difference? 

Edited by FoxForce2

34 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

I hate The Chop in a baseball park or setting. Putting aside the race-cultural associations, it is a football thing and works OK for Florida State in their stadium. Major League Baseball ain't college football.
This is a refrigerator - this is a Cray Supercomputer --- can you tell the difference? 

And the Kansas City Chiefs?

51 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

It is still a mass white population appropriating something from an indigenous people and turning it into sports meme on par with the wave.  It’s not ok in baseball or football or any sport. 

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wegner said:

Hasn't long covid been suggested?

Increased and amplified fatigue is one of the most common long Covid side effects, I believe.  We don’t really know how long those side effects last yet. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And the Kansas City Chiefs?

The word Chief alone has different historical and cultural contexts internationally, but in KC’s case, it is still cultural appropriation because of the graphics and visuals used in team logos  and signage.  ATL & FSU there is little defense IMO. 

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

I see two scenarios for today. Josh and TA bring out the lineup cards and patch things up or they each play one game and avoid each other. 

TA and all the regulars but perhaps Yoan need to be in there both games today. FFS, the Sox need to win games and have three off days the next week. 

• Thanks 1