5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

Anyone else think the coaching staff has instructed guys not to go all out running out grounders? With all the injuries they've suffered from dudes running too hard to 1B, I think it'd be justified. I can't think of another explanation why TLR would let these dudes loaf it. 

3 minutes ago, maggliopipe said:

Anyone else think the coaching staff has instructed guys not to go all out running out grounders? With all the injuries they've suffered from dudes running too hard to 1B, I think it'd be justified. I can't think of another explanation why TLR would let these dudes loaf it. 

TLR moves in slow motion so he probably thinks everyone is hustling out the grounders 

1 minute ago, 3GamesToLove said:

The decision to make it a straight doubleheader is quite strange because Sunday is Sunday Night Baseball. Shocked they didn't make it a split of noon and 6pm to protect the SNB start time.

Especially a team that’s draws good attendance wise like the Yankees.

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If I was playing the Sox I'd force doubleheaders too. 

12 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Lol of course we finally get a good lineup and the game is postponed. Can't wait to throw the games on Sunday

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Welp. Now we get the AAA lineups for the doubleheader.

I know these are jokes to some extent, but it really is a good strategy for teams hosting the White Sox to postpone games rather than delaying/hoping for a window. I'm being 100% serious when I say it gives the team playing the White Sox a competitive advantage

• Love 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I know these are jokes to some extent, but it really is a good strategy for teams hosting the White Sox to postpone games rather than delaying/hoping for a window. I'm being 100% serious when I say it gives the team playing the White Sox a competitive advantage

I was dead serious. You’re absolutely correct. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

FML…going to the game tomorrow and going to get stuck with Keuchel now

I have been stuck on Keuchel starts this year. They did win his last start against them. A few years ago, it seemed every game I had tickets for were James Shields starts. Those really sucked. The games were almost always over in the first couple of innings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I have been stuck on Keuchel starts this year. They did win his last start against them. A few years ago, it seemed every game I had tickets for were James Shields starts. Those really sucked. The games were almost always over in the first couple of innings.

That’s tough man.  I remember years feeling like I only attended games the #5 starter started and it was the worse.

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

FML…going to the game tomorrow and going to get stuck with Keuchel now

Cueto/Cortes, Kopech/Taillon and Sunday night likely Cease but could be Keuchel (TBD for both right now)

Edited by caulfield12

Monday is an off day, so they may go Minor League Callup/Bullpen for one of the games on Sunday. 

Will be interesting to see how the lineups are constructed, and whether Tony's preferences to punt game 2 go up against the unwritten rule of slating a strong lineup for the national telecast.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Cueto/Cortes, Kopech/Taillon and Sunday night likely Cease but could be Keuchel (TBD for both right now)

You really think they're going to skip Keuchel?  They should, but I'd be surprised. 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Monday is an off day, so they may go Minor League Callup/Bullpen for one of the games on Sunday. 

Will be interesting to see how the lineups are constructed, and whether Tony's preferences to punt game 2 go up against the unwritten rule of slating a strong lineup for the national telecast.

They have a 6 man rotation atm and an off day monday.  Literally zero reason to do a BP game or call up a SP.

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

• Capn12 changed the title to 5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes