5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Donaldson admitted calling him Jackie but said it was an inside joke between him and Tim

Just now, Big Hurtin said:

Never going to happen.  Maybe if a hot mic picked it up, but on someone's word?  Even still, it will be explained away as not meaning what everyone knows it means.

It will be interesting if something happens to him (on the field) how quickly, or not, his teammates defend him.

While I was typing, told ya.

3 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Never going to happen.  Maybe if a hot mic picked it up, but on someone's word?  Even still, it will be explained away as not meaning what everyone knows it means.

It will be interesting if something happens to him (on the field) how quickly, or not, his teammates defend him.

If I was a Yankee teammate, I wouldn't defend him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Anderson isn't going to be quiet on this one for long on social media.  At all.

Donaldson is digging his own grave...I doubt TA needs to say anything.  But if he wants to, ok.

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

Donaldson is digging his own grave...I doubt TA needs to say anything.  But if he wants to, ok.

John Rocker parallel comes to mind, but Donaldson plays for the hallowed Yankees and not a "southern" team so expect this one to be brushed away as quietly as possible.

I looked up his university.

Auburn.

Let's go to Frank Thomas or Bo Jackson to see if they defend Donaldson lol.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10036510-tony-la-russa-says-yankees-josh-donaldson-made-racist-comment-to-tim-anderson

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

John Rocker parallel comes to mind, but Donaldson plays for the hallowed Yankees and not a "southern" team so expect this one to be brushed away as quietly as possible.

I think you may be right.  What I think is interesting is that I wonder if we wouldn't of heard anything if Grandal didn't do what he did?

Just now, flavum said:

If Donaldson truly didn’t mean it to be a racial dig, he should show up tomorrow and apologize to Tim face to face, and that should be the end of it. Be grown ups. 

LaRussa calling Donaldson a racist means this is the MLB headline for a week.

The trick is how the Yankees attempt to defuse it.

Remember the accusations against Schildt in the Cards' clubhouse and then with one of the Giants' coaching staff, 1st base coach I think?

1 minute ago, Mokena94 said:

There is a reason that Donaldson has been on five teams the past five seasons. My guess is he going to have a lot of explaining to do to his teammates about his comments.

Buxton is definitely going to be one of the first players they ask to comment since they were teammates...if he wants to weigh in to defuse or further fan the flames.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Buxton is definitely going to be one of the first players they ask to comment since they were teammates...if he wants to weigh in to defuse or further fan the flames.

Isn't it easier to ask current teammates Judge and Stanton?

• Like 1

Changing the topic from Donaldson/TA7, I was pleasantly surprised that TLR pinch hit with Moncada and Sheets late in the game.  TLR had only sent 5 pinch hitters to the plate in all games prior to today.  It would have been a shame if Moncada and Sheets, both home run hitters, would be grabbing some bench late in a close game, as has happened many times before.

3 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Why did Grandal start the commotion and not TA when he heard it? I know Yaz was sticking up for him but did it bother Tim they much if he didn’t do anything about it originally?

I mean, it’s pretty awesome Grandal had Tim’s back like that.