5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If he’s healthy absolutely. A 4 WAR 3b with his contract and several years of control is a solid player. 

Whether you get a top flight prospect for him would depend on whether someone was desperate for a 3b and how Moncada was hitting at the time.

I don't think it's fair to declare him a 4 WAR 3B. 

He is incredibly inconsistent. He's had 2 seasons out of 5 where he's exceeded 4 WAR. The rest of his career he topped out at 1.3 WAR. Is that worth $43M over 2 years? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think it's fair to declare him a 4 WAR 3B. 

He is incredibly inconsistent. He's had 2 seasons out of 5 where he's exceeded 4 WAR. The rest of the time he's barely above replacement level. 

Yeah. How on Earth did Moncada only put up 1.1 fWAR in 2020. That’s just awful it’s almost like he missed 2/3 of the 162 game season for some reason. We should definitely blame him for that.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Yeah. How on Earth did Moncada only put up 1.1 fWAR in 2020. That’s just awful it’s almost like he missed 2/3 of the 162 game season for some reason. We should definitely blame him for that.

Yeah that was in 60 games. He had a great defensive season. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robert does not suck. Anderson does not suck 

Those guys do not suck. 

Eloy sucks. Grandal and Abreu are old.  Moncada is inconsistent as fuck and you don't know what you're getting out of him in a given year. He's either great or sucks, with no in between. neither Eloy nor Moncada can stay healthy and Robert has his problems too. 

Congrats, you have two MLB hitters that you can count on. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah that was in 60 games. He had a great defensive season. 

Yes. So if that was a full season, he would have been 5 war in 2019, 3 war in 2020, 4 war in 2021. Please tell me again how that is not a 4 WAR 3b?

https://theathletic.com/3323043/2022/05/20/are-the-white-sox-in-trouble-who-should-get-the-cubs-next-statue-chicago-baseball-authority/?source=spotrac&pc=spotrac40off2

Really interesting article by Jon Greenberg. Called LaRussa a lake duck manager, among other things...eventually questioned the quality of the entertainment value of the current product on the field.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Those guys do not suck. 

Eloy sucks. Grandal and Abreu are old.  Moncada is inconsistent as fuck and you don't know what you're getting out of him in a given year. He's either great or sucks, with no in between. 

I respectfully mean this but why do you even watch them then?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I respectfully mean this but why do you even watch them then?

Because they shouldn't suck this badly. 

Eloy has the talent to be very good, and so does Moncada. 

What is frustrating is how maddingly inconsistent a lot of guys are. 

Maybe Grandal, Abreu or both turn it around. 

I mean, it's possible that these guys don't suck but I'm kind of taking 2022 in a vacuum at the moment. 

I wish I didn't care about sports but for some reason as much as I b**** about it I enjoy baseball and other sports. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Because they shouldn't suck this badly. 

Eloy has the talent to be very good, and so does Moncada. 

What is frustrating is how maddingly inconsistent a lot of guys are. 

Maybe Grandal, Abreu or both turn it around. 

I mean, it's possible that these guys don't suck but I'm kind of taking 2022 in a vacuum at the moment. 

I wish I didn't care about sports but for some reason as much as I b**** about it I enjoy baseball and other sports. 

I love baseball more than anyone but I’m watching less and less of Sox games because it’s just not enjoyable this year.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love baseball more than anyone but I’m watching less and less of Sox games because it’s just not enjoyable this year.

I'm disabled and don't work 40 hrs/week. It's something for me to do without spending money. 

Edited by Jack Parkman