5/20 Games

BamaDoc

36 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

This vaguely rings a bell, but I can’t find any confirmation of that. I did find an article from February that didn’t mention anything about retiring.

Can you confirm, @Y2Jimmy0?

The only person I’ve seen say he retired is still DIck Allen. Doesn’t mean he’s wrong, and he may have been right and a 22 year old changed his mind, but not much I do otherwise.

But until Bush actually is in a lineup still hard to know.

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

As much as the Harrison signing has sucked...having Yolbert and Sosa raking makes me wonder if that was why they didnt persue a 4-5 year deal with the Marquee FAs. One of the 2 HAS to be on the squad by August

Jose Rodriguez's best position is 2b as well, and Ramos has played some over there. 2b is NOT the hardest spot to fill. Except for the White Sox who have struggled filling it since Iguchi?  Ray Durham?

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

There are $5.5 million reasons plus the small buyout.

This is just not the type of move the Sox typically make unless it's for a legit top prospect.

Sunk cost. Whether he gets replaced or not by either Sanchez or Sosa it's only going to cost the prorated minimum MLB contract beyond the Harrison deal. I'd keep my eyes on injuries to any 2nd baseman in MLB and look to trade Harrison for a lottery ticket, cash or PTBNL.

• bmags unpinned this topic