Josh Donaldson called Tim Anderson "Jackie"

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Thread title hould be changed to just "Jackie" to be more accurate...REFERRING to Jackie Robinson and Tim's inheriting that legacy in the modern game as one of the shrinking number of African Americans in the majors.

• Heads22 changed the title to Josh Donaldson called Tim Anderson "Jackie"
5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Just to recap:

Georgia passes racist voting laws - Braves, who have no control over that, lose the All-Star game.

Yankees 3B/DH makes racist statements to another player - No punishment.

Isn’t it a little early to say “no punishment”?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And then we riot, but can’t call out MLB until they have a chance to discipline.  Let’s hope they do the right thing.

If they play him in the DH it's practically inviting a retaliation from the Sox/LaRussa and a bench clearing brawl.

The game would also start with both starting pitchers warned in all likelihood.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If they play him in the DH it's practically inviting a retaliation from the Sox/LaRussa and a bench clearing brawl.

The game would also start with both starting pitchers warned in all likelihood.

I'd be surprised if he plays tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'd be surprised if he plays tomorrow.

Especially since the last game/s between them in the regular season.

But then some will read that action as a tacit admission of guilt on the part of the Yankees.

They might double down in defending him.  It's going to be interesting to see how they try to wiggle out of it.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Especially since the last game/s between them in the regular season.

But then some will read that action as a tacit admission of guilt on the part of the Yankees.

Well he already admitted guilt....he might not understand that, but he did imo.

9 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Wait, so Anderson told Sports Illustrated that he feels like "today's Jackie Robinson?"  That kind of puts a different context to Donaldson calling him "Jackie."  

Why? Do you think Donaldson who just got into it with Anderson last weekend and who has been an enemy of the Sox for a half decade including trying to fight a Sox player in the parking lot last year meant it km a friendly way?

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Why? Do you think Donaldson who just got into it with Anderson last weekend and who has been an enemy of the Sox for a half decade including trying to fight a Sox player in the parking lot last year meant it km a friendly way?

Who was that, again? Like Giolito?

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Why? Do you think Donaldson who just got into it with Andersonblast weekend and who has been an enemy of the Sox for a half decade including trying to fight a Sox player in the parking lot last year meant it km a friendly way?

No, not at all.  Donaldson is an asshole, I've said it for years.  But when I first heard that he called Anderson "Jackie" I couldn't believe even he would do something that stupid.  It seemed like he was calling him "Jackie" just because he's black.  But now that I hear the reason is because Anderson said he feels like today's Jackie Robinson the comment makes more sense.  Rather than it being a random racial comment it's basically Donaldson mocking Anderson for comparing himself to the great Jackie Robinson.  Quite a big difference.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

No, not at all.  Donaldson is an asshole, I've said it for years.  But when I first heard that he called Anderson "Jackie" I couldn't believe even he would do something that stupid.  It seemed like he was calling him "Jackie" just because he's black.  But now that I hear the reason is because Anderson said he feels like today's Jackie Robinson the comment makes more sense.  Rather than it being a random racial comment it's basically Donaldson mocking Anderson for comparing himself to the great Jackie Robinson.  Quite a big difference.

Agreed. His timing was stupid. He is stupid. He should show up tomorrow and apologize to Tim face to face, and move on. And by move on, keep your yap shut, Josh.

Edited by flavum
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Or, it actually could have racist undertones, there's no way for anyone but Josh in his own head to know. Personally, I'm not buying the excuse. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

8 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Kind of agree here, tho they should still suspend his ass for a few games. He’s a POS human. But there’s no real proof it was a blatant racial remark as opposed to mocking TA for comparison himself to an all time great. 

That said, Sox could use something to fire them up. Not opposed to some more fireworks tomorrow. 

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic