Josh Donaldson called Tim Anderson "Jackie"

Buehrle>Wood

I think Jim over at SoxMachine summed it up best saying that it’s tough to believe Donaldson was trying to defuse any situation. 

At best, he’s an idiot asshole. At worst, he’s a racist idiot asshole. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

If your inside joke makes everyone around who heard it think you are racist perhaps you need to re examine something.

Also when the other person in your inside joke hates your guts and isn’t participating.

IDK

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Which is why it‘s so infuriating that people buy his BS defense.  I always try to teach my kids that an apology is worthless if not sincere and Donaldson only said “sorry” because he was accused of being a douche.  There is little chance the dude feels any remorse for being a total asshole.

You can actually read Josh's lips when Grandal is going off on him... he basically keeps saying "I didn't say anything."

He was going to deny it as much as he could but decided to own up to it at the end of the game.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Additional usual suspects weigh in. Sad this Red Sox douche besmirches Lou Gehrig's name by using it as his handle? 

I’d love to have the chance to slug Curt Schilling’s ignorant ass in the face.  Maybe read why Tim Anderson actually made that comparison?  This issue has NOTHING to do with political affiliation, but rather having basic moral decency.  But not surprising an idiot who publicly supported lynching the media is clueless as fuck on this subject.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A bunch of white men on Twitter calling Tim soft for being upset about being called Jackie is the epitome of America right now.

How about a black man's opinion?:

image.png

image.png

Let me guess, his opinion doesn't count because it doesn't align with your ideology?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

How about a black man's opinion?:

image.png

image.png

Let me guess, his opinion doesn't count because it doesn't align with your ideology?

Did you scourge Twitter all day in hopes of finding a single black man supporting Donaldson?  I have seen numerous tweets from African Americans who are incredibly pissed by this.  I’m glad this one tweet makes Donaldson’s actions acceptable to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Did you scourge Twitter all day in hopes of finding a single black man supporting Donaldson?  I have seen numerous tweets from African Americans who are incredibly pissed by this.  I’m glad this one tweet makes Donaldson’s actions acceptable to you.

Jason Whitlock isn't just some random black man, but whatever.  I never said his actions were acceptable.  Donaldson is a jackass and TA being pissed about the BS tag is justified.  Whether his Jackie comment was intended to be racist or not Donaldson should apologize.  Whether you or anyone else are 100% sure his comment was racist doesn't make it true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Whitlock makes Stephen A. Smith seem like the equivalent of a reasonable version of Jim Rome.

He has been a complete bozo ever since his days with the KC Star in the late 90s.

He courts controversy constantly, priding himself on going against the grain if it's anything to do with race and culture, kind of a mix of Bill Maher and Joe Rogan for sports fans to get all riled up by.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Whitlock makes Stephen A. Smith seem like the equivalent of a reasonable version of Jim Rome.

He has been a complete bozo ever since his days with the KC Star in the late 90s.

He courts controversy constantly, priding himself on going against the grain if it's anything to do with race and culture, kind of a mix of Bill Maher and Joe Rogan for sports fans to get all riled up by.  

So do you believe that Whitlock, Maher, and Rogan just say things that they don't actually believe in or feel? I've only really started following politics in the last few years after the Jacob Blake stuff was shoved down my throat, but apparently I should have learned to lean more left. Because they can read minds and I want to read minds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ah yes, when you are not able to refute someone's argument just label them as some talentless hack.  I get it, anyone who even possibly thinks Donaldson's comment wasn't meant to be racist is clueless blah blah blah and are a racist themselves lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

Still waiting for anyone to comment on the double play later in the game.

I turned in after all the excitement and wasn't aware of it when TA decided to run to second for the first out of a double-play.

Sure looked like Tim kicked Donaldson on that play.  Donaldson didn't notice it or pretended to not notice it.

He absolutely did and appeared to call him a b**** afterwards.  Knowing the context, I don't blame TA either.  Donaldson Using racist terms should come with anger and a price.

• Fire 2

Schilling and Whitlock are saying Donaldon is ragging him. Maybe if Donaldson actually admitted he was ragging him and didn't realize he could be crossing a line is one thing. Saying he was trying to diffuse a tense situation with what he considered humor another. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Boogua said:

So do you believe that Whitlock, Maher, and Rogan just say things that they don't actually believe in or feel? I've only really started following politics in the last few years after the Jacob Blake stuff was shoved down my throat, but apparently I should have learned to lean more left. Because they can read minds and I want to read minds.

Every media personality has a schtick today...it's not about pure journalism anymore and really hasn't been that way since the 70s and 80s.

And no I don't believe that even he believes half of what he asserts or claims.

Interview Joe Posnanski on Whitlock and you will get to the truth if he is forthcoming.  He's a standup guy and not so self righteous as Jeff Passan. He started with the Augusta Chronicle so he knows everything about racism and reverse racism from an outsider's perspective in the South.

Edited by caulfield12

Considering the 2019 article i find it hard to take the race stance, I hate Donaldson with a passion but I think this is being blown way out of proportion and wouldnt have brought on the anger of the club had we been doing well. Lump me in the "dumb white guy" crowd but considering context I just don't see it as being as malicious as some are suggesting.

edit: now ill read the thread

Edited by reiks12
  • Like 1

He meant to be a dick. He was a dick. That’s sufficient for me to back my guy. 

I’ll let god decide if it was racist. Anyone with two ears  can determine it was racial. You would have to be pretty thick to be making racial comments to your enemy and not think it would be interpreted negatively. 

maybe you accept the excuse from a stupid person. Donaldson isn’t stupid. In fact, he seems sufficiently intelligent to have that justification ready to go in his back pocket. 

he meant it as derogatory. It was received as derogatory. It had a racial component attached. These aren’t in dispute and sufficient for me

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Considering the 2019 article i find it hard to take the race stance, I hate Donaldson with a passion but I think this is being blown way out of proportion and wouldnt have brought on the anger of the club had we been doing well. Lump me in the "dumb white guy" crowd but considering context I just don't see it as being as malicious as some are suggesting.

Yup, I thought it was definitely messed up and racist when I first heard about it, but then heard about the 2019 thing. Obviously still a stupid comment, especially in today's climate, but I can't be sure it was 100% racist like the mind readers here. Lump me in with the "dumb Latino" crowd if there is one.

Also, be careful, opinions like this are "telling on yourself". Whatever that is supposed to mean. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Every media personality has a schtick today...it's not about pure journalism anymore and really hasn't been that way since the 70s and 80s.

And no I don't believe that even he believes half of what he asserts or claims.

Interview Joe Posnanski on Whitlock and you will get to the truth if he is forthcoming.  He's a standup guy and not so self righteous as Jeff Passan. He started with the Augusta Chronicle so he knows everything about racism and reverse racism from an outsider's perspective in the South.

So don't trust any media personality? I can get on board with that 😀

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic