5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If that's the case, it's absolutely ridiculous. Why sit your best hitter just to appease the guy who stirred the pot? 

I’m grasping at straws as to why the change was made.  It makes no sense to sit TA or toss out a AAAA lineup ahead of an off day. 

54 minutes ago, wegner said:

Thought the Yankees would bench him 🤔 

TLR benched Tim instead. Even if you take race out of the equation, it's sports and you need to have a fire to compete and win to avenge yesterdays loss and insult immediately. No backing down !

If the Sox lose both games it will totally suck and I will blame TLR for sitting Tim in the 1st game . This 1st game after yesterdays game should be looked at as a statement game. TLR is making a statement . I am afraid !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cueto better bring his A game today.

To win so do the bats need to bring their A game and get across more than the 3 -13 RISP they got yesterday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

TLR benched Tim instead. Even if you take race out of the equation, it's sports and you need to have a fire to compete and win to avenge yesterdays loss and insult immediately. No backing down !

If the Sox lose both games it will totally suck and I will blame TLR for sitting Tim in the 1st game .

Yep benching your best hitter always seems a bit strange to me, but keeping TA fit and healthy is vital to this team so maybe TLR is being cautious?

1 minute ago, Chimpton said:

Yep benching your best hitter always seems a bit strange to me, but keeping TA fit and healthy is vital to this team so maybe TLR is being cautious?

Making the playoffs is also vital to this team, and we’re staring down m a 6 game deficit 40 games into the season after tonight. TA abso-fucking-lutely should be playing both games today with 3 off days in the next week. 

At what point to Larussa decide the games matter? Once we’re 10 games back? 15? August? Dudes a clown. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chimpton said:

I'd be more worried about the state of mind of his players. Any competitor doesn't want to surrender after what happened yesterday especially in the game following.

I wouldn''t care so much about giving Tim the 2nd game off even with the off day tomorrow but the only chance to sweep the DH is to win the 1st game and have some fire in your belly.

• Like 1

Yeah, no way these guys can play 2 games in a day! Well, the good players at least. The utility filler and journeyman guys? They are built for 2 games!

I'd trade a 2022 playoff appearance (like that is happening at this point) for getting rid of the man currently filling out the lineup cards. Easily.

Just now, Bad Hombre said:

Don’t worry guys…come October our boys will be so well rested! And then they’ll have time for even more rest cuz they won’t be making the playoffs 😃

Rested and ready for vacation!🙄🤡

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Teams are starting the game with a warning. I'd be telling the Sox hitters to crowd the plate and dare them to throw inside.

Where did you see that reported?

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Teams are starting the game with a warning. I'd be telling the Sox hitters to crowd the plate and dare them to throw inside.

that strays too far from our strategy of swing early and often

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

We didn't throw at Donaldson yesterday, so I'm not sure why we'd do it today.