5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WilliamTell said:

With the way the Sox are playing, the Twins have a shot at being up 7 or 8 games by June 1st.

June 1st? It will be 6 games just after today, it won't take until June 1st.

3 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

With the way the Sox are playing, the Twins have a shot at being up 7 or 8 games by June 1st.

Nobody wanted to believe it but you could see it coming if you follow them closely...they finally realized they could win again after last year's debacle, especially taking a bunch of tight 1-2 run games  Pitching better than expected and now nearly everyone in the lineup is contributing something positive.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Meaning I thought it’d be Liam giving up the game tying hit in the bottom of the ninth. 

Knowing this team, it’s still possible.

give us just enough hope to make it hurt

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Judge is going to get a mega contract then be hurt 50% of the time in his thirties.

And I'd still take 50% of Aaron Judge, over 100% of Brian Goodwin/Adam Eaton/AJ Pollock/DHs playing RF/etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Twins added good players in positions of need and it's paying off for them. What a concept.

2/3 the Sox roster is currently "positions of need."

Nothing this past off-season would have fixed this complete trainwreck.

3 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Ladies and Gentlemen - Your 2022 Chicago White Sox!

A team that hired a corpse manager, refused to finish the rebuild, and failed to upgrade the roster.  They deserve this mediocrity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Nobody wanted to believe it but you could see it coming if you follow them closely...they finally realized they could win again after last year's debacle, especially taking a bunch of tight 1-2 run games  Pitching better than expected and now nearly everyone in the lineup is contributing something positive.

I follow them closer than I'd like to be honest. I live in "Twins Territory". Last year was a disastor, but winning 1 run games, coming back late in games, answering the opposition in scoring the following at bat, this is what they've been doing most seasons for the last 20 years.