AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2022&month=0&season1=2022&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2022-01-01&enddate=2022-12-31&sort=21,d

White Sox position players 24th in fWAR...the whole team (2.4) isn't much different than TA individually

21st in WRC/25th in OPS/26th BABIP

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, Green Line said:

The pitching AND defense have been really good lately.  They seem a lot more focused in the field as opposed to a few weeks ago.  If.. (and big if) the offense can turn it around starting this week the Sox are going to start rolling over teams.  There is a lot of upside.

The offense just needs to get up to average for the wins to become more regular.

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

I think it'll depend on where we're at in the standings. They might rest him a lot like they did with Rodon last year if we're somehow in a good position to win the division. If we're constantly chasing the Twins, they might keep him around for more starts. I think he'll end up with a similar amount of innings as Rodon last year. Maybe he gets around 25 starts. 

I’d be shocked if they skip his turn in the rotation 7 times if he’s healthy.

8 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Many were arguing before the season that there was no way he’d exceed 110 or 120 innings in the regular season. I argued that he would. Are they going to shut him down in August/September with a playoff spot on the line?

They’re going to manage his innings throughout the season and he’ll likely hit the IL a time or two for short maintenance stints. He’s not making 32 starts. 

11 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Read the comment section if you love seeing Yankees fans seeth

thought it would be fun but in fact that was gross. There is a really good yankees blog and comments...good to know the reddit is full of bing bong dipshits and stay away.

Amazing after a decade of impotence how I could forget how obnoxious yankees fans are even compared to boston fans. Better yet the silence of the national baseball writers who know who writes their checks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They’re going to manage his innings throughout the season and he’ll likely hit the IL a time or two for short maintenance stints. He’s not making 32 starts. 

But if he makes just 25 starts as many are suggesting, the Sox might not make the playoffs. I’ll say it again, I’ll be shocked if he only makes 25 starts if he’s healthy.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But if he makes just 25 starts as many are suggesting, the Sox might not make the playoffs. I’ll say it again, I’ll be shocked if he only makes 25 starts if he’s healthy.

I mean, the Sox are not going to let him go from 70 IP to 160+ IP.  I agree the Ptatc's 110-120 projection was light if Kopech is healthy, but 120 regular season innings is also not terribly far off - probably only 2-3 starts worth. 

I agree the Sox need to make the playoffs, and Kopech is a big part of that, but they also need him to be available, and healthy, in the playoffs.  

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, the Sox are not going to let him go from 70 IP to 160+ IP.  I agree the Ptatc's 110-120 projection was light if Kopech is healthy, but 120 regular season innings is also not terribly far off - probably only 2-3 starts worth. 

I agree the Sox need to make the playoffs, and Kopech is a big part of that, but they also need him to be available, and healthy, in the playoffs.  

I’m going to assume he makes 30 starts if healthy. He’s at 8 starts and 42 innings to date so he’s averaging just over 5 innings per start and this was with a very slow ramp up following a shortened spring, Covid, etc. so very conservatively let’s say he’s got another 22 starts times 5 innings per start. That’s another 110 innings or 152 innings in total. I think 120 innings is very light if he’s healthy.

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

McGuire appears to handle pitchers (I.e. Kopech) extremally well. Provides a great 'open glove' target and frames the borders very well. We're gonna need Grandals bat to come alive but it seems like our pitchers enjoy throwing to McGuire. 

9 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The anti-social network is such a great episode. I can't believe it came out 11 years ago. Makes me feel old. 

Had to post this after a buddy texted me saying he heard some Yankee's fans filed assault charges against TA last night