Just how concerned should the Yankees be?

buckweaver

Anyone who regularly peruses Soxtalk realizes the vaunted Bronx Bombers just managed one run across 18 innings of a double-header loss in the House That Ruth Built to the worst team in baseball. I'm sure their fans are calling for the firing of  Dillon Lawson by tonight at the latest and that Aaron Boone is certainly on the hot seat if his team doesn't take care of the Orioles and Rays in the coming days.

TA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And only a lucky grand slam away from being swept.  They should sell Judge while he still has value.

Should put those quotes on Yankees' boards.

A lot of fans were totally writing off the Yankees last year before they went on a massive winning streak last August almost right after the FoD game.

Fwiw, only the second series of the season they have lost.

Yankee fans boo at the drop of a hat. There is no reason for them to panic because of a two-game losing streak. And the Yankee fan who threw back Anderson's home run ball should be ashamed of himself for imitating Cub fans and continuing that god-awful tradition.

Meanwhile, I hope this is a turning point for the Sox. They looked listless in KC until they overcame that 4-1 deficit in the last game. Hopefully, the offense will improve. Regardless, they have to feel good about beating the Yankees three out of the last five. With a little more hitting, they could have won all five.

1 minute ago, Highland said:

Yankee fans boo at the drop of a hat. There is no reason for them to panic because of a two-game losing streak. And the Yankee fan who threw back Anderson's home run ball should be ashamed of himself for imitating Cub fans and continuing that god-awful tradition.

Meanwhile, I hope this is a turning point for the Sox. They looked listless in KC until they overcame that 4-1 deficit in the last game. Hopefully, the offense will improve. Regardless, they have to feel good about beating the Yankees three out of the last five. With a little more hitting, they could have won all five.

The Yankees' bullpen has lost a lot of its arms. Green is getting TJS. Chapman has an achilles issue and has pitched like crap recently. Loaisaga has sucked despite having really good stuff. Castro kind of goes in that same category. Their only real reliable relievers right now are Clay Holmes and Michael King and one of those guys gave up 2 runs on Saturday. 

For the first time this year, the Yankees are dealing with injuries and uncertainty. They've really been living the charmed life so far, but that's starting to change. 

5 hours ago, Highland said:

No doubt, the offense has to step it up, Robert didn't have a clue yesterday, same with Moncada. Abreu has been a little better of late but not close to what we expect from him.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

8 hours ago, buckweaver said:

Anyone who regularly peruses Soxtalk realizes the vaunted Bronx Bombers just managed one run across 18 innings of a double-header loss in the House That Ruth Built to the worst team in baseball. I'm sure their fans are calling for the firing of  Dillon Lawson by tonight at the latest and that Aaron Boone is certainly on the hot seat if his team doesn't take care of the Orioles and Rays in the coming days.

TA.jpg

The seven games showcased the Yankee bats followed by Sox pitchers shutting them down. Made for a good story. Kopech was top dog over Judge and Stanton. 

I have been a fan since I could I started listening to and watching the sox in the 50s. It seems that whoever is in charge of the sox/ Whoever is responsible for putting together our team seems to be short on something.  We have one of the best teams on paper that I've seen this year.   We just need them to realize how good they are.  They need as one person said about a world series team in progress.  Batted balls seem to find the holes pitched balls manage to miss opposing batters' bats. It is a beautiful thing when you are destined to go to the world series.  The Whitesox just need to get it all together.  We have the tools, and plenty of talent now, we just need to perform.  Then the magic can happen.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I got a chuckle. Way better than the usual gloom and doom.

Indeed! And thank you. This place is littered with AH's who want nothing more than to gnash their teeth about the team that's supposed to bring them enjoyment and act as if they know the ins and outs of running a major league baseball franchise. Let's have a little fun and lighten the eff up.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Jungle JIm Rivera said:

I have been a fan since I could I started listening to and watching the sox in the 50s. It seems that whoever is in charge of the sox/ Whoever is responsible for putting together our team seems to be short on something.  We have one of the best teams on paper that I've seen this year.   We just need them to realize how good they are.  They need as one person said about a world series team in progress.  Batted balls seem to find the holes pitched balls manage to miss opposing batters' bats. It is a beautiful thing when you are destined to go to the world series.  The Whitesox just need to get it all together.  We have the tools, and plenty of talent now, we just need to perform.  Then the magic can happen.

I too started watching the Sox in the fifties.  My eighth grade teacher, who was a nun and a sox fan, brought a TV to our classroom so we could watch the first game of the 1959 World Series.  Turned out to be a pretty good game.  The 1960's turned many Sox fans into Yankee haters.  I still am.

Keep posting  and believing in this team.

On 5/24/2022 at 1:16 AM, Big Hurtin said:

Do people who start threads like this REALLY think they're clever?

Lighten up.  It’s worth it for no other reason than to see the various earnest responses that have followed it, kind of proving OP’s point.

Losing a single series to this supposed juggernaut was definitive proof to lots of posters that this team was garbage.  Shockingly the reverse doesn’t seem to be true?  That’s worthy of a little parody.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Thanks 1