Josh Donaldson suspended 1 game for comments toward TA

Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I wonder which part of this Donaldson is appealing. You'd think it would just be best for him to serve the one game suspension and move on.

He's sitting out tonight anyways so he really wants this overturned then

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Of course Donaldson is appealing.  If he had any decency at all he'd publicly admit he shouldn't have said what he said, and make an effort to do better.  He'd try to donate to TA's charity or something similar as a show of good faith that he REALLY didn't mean it, but wants to do better... to be a better person.  Instead he is saying nothing and appealing.  This is when your actions speak louder than your words.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Of course Donaldson is appealing.  If he had any decency at all he'd publicly admit he shouldn't have said what he said, and make an effort to do better.  He'd try to donate to TA's charity or something similar as a show of good faith that he REALLY didn't mean it, but wants to do better... to be a better person.  Instead he is saying nothing and appealing.  This is when your actions speak louder than your words.

Breaking News: Josh Donaldson is a douchebag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I knew he'd get off light being a New York player. But I figured one week. He's lucky he plays for the Yankees. In today's cancel culture he really truly coulda got two months. Why?

1.) He didn't need to say anything to Tim especially after the recent shove at third base.

2.) Choosing to say Jackie? Wow. You are talking a two month suspension if this was somebody outside of the Yankees doing the same things. I'm disappointed lots of folks on Twitter are calling Tim "soft" for complaining publicly. That's the wrong take. He got asked about it after the game and gave a reasonable response. Tim didn't do anything wrong. He gave a reasonable take to SI for that article and Josh seems to be the only MLB player to for some reason joke with Tim about it.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eh, not sure we need to really comment on this publicly. If TA wants to fine but coaches especially should be seen not heard.

I love Tim’s teammates/coaches sticking up for him.  Needless to say, but no one on the Sox is buying Donaldson’s bullshit.   How awful of a person do you have to be for Hendriks not to like you?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love Tim’s teammates/coaches sticking up for him.  Needless to say, but no one on the Sox is buying Donaldson’s bullshit.   How awful of a person do you have to be for Hendriks not to like you?

What is even more telling is NO ONE from NYY is defending him.  Bro is out on an island, alone.  Even Boone dumped on him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

People who are saying he shouldn’t have been suspended are absurd. 

he should be suspended for causing two dust ups against one team in one week as a baseline. 

Agreed fully.

And Donaldson also should be ridiculed for his stupidity. Nobody else in baseball has dared tease Tim about his magazine article. Very unwise to go there whenever the name Jackie Robinson is involved. You are just asking for trouble if u are Donaldson.

• Like 1

• Texsox locked this topic