Jump to content
caulfield12

Aaron Judge Critical Of Donaldson's "Jackie" Comment

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I’m more surprised people assume Donaldson can read.  As for JRW, yes everyone knew they were cheating. Kids from the south suburbs were on that team.

Edited by fathom
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hang Wiffem said:

What gives you the right? How can you ignore how this was received by TA and the majority of black folks, even those wearing the same pinstripes as Donaldson? You are aggressively ignorant if you can't just shut up and listen to what people different than you have to say about the subject.

I am not a "believe all blacks" or "believe all women" type but I am of the believe that my experience in the world is not theirs so I should usually believe them. Not every time, but usually. In this instance I will listen to Aaron and TA and other AAs and if they think it's racist that's good enough for me.

Some of the "TA is the real RACIST" takes on Yankees blogs and forums are batshit insane however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Remember when the Milwaukee crowd gave him a standing ovation? 

I don’t really care about the fans, cuz fans in general are blind. 
 

All I’m getting at is Lorenzo Cain backing up Hader after the n-word thing is a stark contrast to all the Yankees throwing JD under the bus. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just became a big Aaron Judge fan. GGs Judge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Some of the "TA is the real RACIST" takes on Yankees blogs and forums are batshit insane however.

These are the people telling on themselves. Why are they mad at TA and not, yknow, the guy who actually called it racist in Tony. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dohnut said:

I'll probably get eviscerated here... 

So, Tim is my favorite player on the current roster. And, Donaldson is a notorious a**hole. BUT, I don't think this was a race thing at all... I think Tim compared himself to an all-time great and a trailblazer and Donaldson tried to get under his skin (like he does). I'm not defending it, and I think that he should've gotten more than a 1-game suspension... but, to bash the guy as a racist is kind of crazy.

Does it really matter what my intent was if I hurt you?  You are still hurt, yes?  Pain was still inflicted upon you.

Why do you feel the need to defend Donaldson at all here?  Why does he need protection from being called racist and being punished for something he admitted to doing?

Why are you not defending TA, a Black man who has to deal with micro aggressions every single day of his life simply for existing in a white world?  Why are you not more interested in understanding why Tim, your self professed favorite player, felt the way that he did?  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mqr said:

I don’t really care about the fans, cuz fans in general are blind. 
 

 All I’m getting at is Lorenzo Cain backing up Hader after the n-word thing is a stark contrast to all the Yankees throwing JD under the bus. 

Obviously not making excuses for him but weren't the Hader tweets years before the fact?  While still reprehensible, people grow up over time and hopefully Hader is not the person today that he was then.  Seems like his teammates thought to give him the benefit of the doubt based on what they knew about him.

Donaldson has proven over and over that he does not deserve that same benefit of the doubt, and his teammates reactions just reinforce that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Quin said:

It definitely was.

Josh Donaldson was using the name "Jackie" to get under the skin of one of MLB's most prominent African American stars - which isn't a big list to begin with.

And because people keep bringing up the 2019 article, I'm gonna bring it here so people can read the passage:

So TA was talking about changing the game to make it more fun, but also more appealing to Black kids in America. And he's saying this after taking kids from the ACE program to see 42. TA knows better than most of us the weight his words carry and he damn well knows better than Josh Donaldson.

Donaldson may be too stupid to know what he said was racist, but at the core of it, the only reason TA's original comments happened are because he's a Black star in today's game. Corey Seager isn't going to compare himself to Jackie, because he doesn't need to carry that legacy like TA does. If Donaldson called Seager "Jackie," that's just fucking stupid. Calling TA, who does have to carry that legacy and is trying to make the game more appealing to Black kids we know this because of his words and actions - as a taunt, is racist because he's trying to belittle everything TA has gone through to get here and is trying to do.

Plus, it's been 3 years since the damn article, so Donaldson's just being a dick.

Well done sir.  Bravo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

Obviously not making excuses for him but weren't the Hader tweets years before the fact?  While still reprehensible, people grow up over time and hopefully Hader is not the person today that he was then.  Seems like his teammates thought to give him the benefit of the doubt based on what they knew about him.

Donaldson has proven over and over that he does not deserve that same benefit of the doubt, and his teammates reactions just reinforce that.

We’re agreeing here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Just became a big Aaron Judge fan. GGs Judge. 

Sign him this offseason. Fuck it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m more surprised people assume Donaldson can read.  As for JRW, yes everyone knew they were cheating. Kids from the south suburbs were on that team.

Fathom you terrible person. How dare you look at the facts to make your conclusions. You should live in Ray Ray’s bizzaro world where you ignore rules and facts that don’t support what would align with your misguided worldview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

hmmmmm. I played a lot of baseball as a kid; I can't recall ever asking a kid on a team where he was from, let alone questioning how a team was put together. No one said JRW didn't break the rules, what was said is that they were the ONLY team in the history of me playing/following the game that were held accountable for said "rule." Rules should apply to everyone, not just the select few.

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

You’re a piece of garbage. I didn’t say any of that. 

 

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

My travel team played JRW all the time growing up and everyone I played with was really confused on how they put their team together given where all the kids were from before the scandal was revealed.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Fire 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

 

Where’d i say I was 12 and played them head to head? You’re full of shit. Your posts show that. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Quin said:

It definitely was.

Josh Donaldson was using the name "Jackie" to get under the skin of one of MLB's most prominent African American stars - which isn't a big list to begin with.

And because people keep bringing up the 2019 article, I'm gonna bring it here so people can read the passage:

So TA was talking about changing the game to make it more fun, but also more appealing to Black kids in America. And he's saying this after taking kids from the ACE program to see 42. TA knows better than most of us the weight his words carry and he damn well knows better than Josh Donaldson.

Donaldson may be too stupid to know what he said was racist, but at the core of it, the only reason TA's original comments happened are because he's a Black star in today's game. Corey Seager isn't going to compare himself to Jackie, because he doesn't need to carry that legacy like TA does. If Donaldson called Seager "Jackie," that's just fucking stupid. Calling TA, who does have to carry that legacy and is trying to make the game more appealing to Black kids we know this because of his words and actions - as a taunt, is racist because he's trying to belittle everything TA has gone through to get here and is trying to do.

Plus, it's been 3 years since the damn article, so Donaldson's just being a dick.

Words have meaning.  Racism is a real thing and it is silly to call this “racist”.  Donaldson said something to get under Tim’s skin, he was trolling him.  A white person trolling a black person is not “racist” simply on the face of it.  Tim compared himself to Jackie, he opened himself up to trash talk because of it.

Racism is a real thing and people should look up the definition of it rather than use it so loosely as to make it trivial.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Where’d i say I was 12 and played them head to head? You’re full of shit. Your posts show that. 

Might want to check what you wrote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hang Wiffem said:

What gives you the right? How can you ignore how this was received by TA and the majority of black folks, even those wearing the same pinstripes as Donaldson? You are aggressively ignorant if you can't just shut up and listen to what people different than you have to say about the subject.

What gives me the right?  Lol.  The fact that I heard the comments and can make my own conclusion from it?  Thats the right.  I dont have to “shut up and listen”, I just have to use common sense.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Words have meaning.  Racism is a real thing and it is silly to call this “racist”.  Donaldson said something to get under Tim’s skin, he was trolling him.  A white person trolling a black person is not “racist” simply on the face of it.  Tim compared himself to Jackie, he opened himself up to trash talk because of it.

Racism is a real thing and people should look up the definition of it rather than use it so loosely as to make it trivial.

Man, I just explained to why Donaldson's trolling was racist, because yes, words have meaning. I explained why Tim's comparison (three years ago) shouldn't really open him to trash talk from any sane player (again, note the lack of Donaldson support from Yankees players).

If TA called himself "the new Frank Thomas" (who did make baseball real fun in the 90s), Donaldson wouldn't have said "hey Frank," and you and I both know that. That's because there's an enormous legacy tied to Jackie.

  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×