Robert on COVID IL; Burger Up

Heads22

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

When they put him on the Covid-19 list. 

Alex Verdugo missed Sundays game with flu like symptoms but was never put on a list because he tested negative. No one goes on that list without a positive test.

So many guys have been placed on the Covid IL without a positive test.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

I actually do not mind Yaz leading off in Tim's absence. He will make pitchers throw pitches and at least it's not Leury Garcia leading off.

This might be good for Yaz

Going forward I would like to see this....

Moncada

Robert 

Vaughn

Abreu

Yaz

Pollock 

Sheets 

Harrison

Leury 

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I actually do not mind Yaz leading off in Tim's absence. He will make pitchers throw pitches and at least it's not Leury Garcia leading off.

This might be good for Yaz

Going forward I would like to see this....

Moncada

Robert 

Vaughn

Abreu

Yaz

Pollock 

Sheets 

Harrison

Leury 

I think you gotta DH Burger over Sheets at this point.  Sheets has been sooooooo bad.  He had one 3 game stretch where he hit a homer each game, otherwise he's been DREADFUL.  This coming from the guy that wanted to add lefty bats as bad as anyone this offseason, but you cannot just keep running Gavin out there.  Especially in the OF like tonight.  Once Eloy is back, I just don't see any room for Gavin on this roster. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think you gotta DH Burger over Sheets at this point.  Sheets has been sooooooo bad.  He had one 3 game stretch where he hit a homer each game, otherwise he's been DREADFUL.  This coming from the guy that wanted to add lefty bats as bad as anyone this offseason, but you cannot just keep running Gavin out there.  Especially in the OF like tonight.  Once Eloy is back, I just don't see any room for Gavin on this roster. 

Sheets has been so bad...I think the sox should look at Conforto's health for the 2nd half run. Boras floated out he could be ready in August...I think you have to make that move at this point and hope he has a glorious run into the playoffs that gets him a healthy contract somewhere. "Hey Scott, remember when we did you a solid for Carlos, please return that favor with Michael. K...thanks."

11 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Sheets has been so bad...I think the sox should look at Conforto's health for the 2nd half run. Boras floated out he could be ready in August...I think you have to make that move at this point and hope he has a glorious run into the playoffs that gets him a healthy contract somewhere. "Hey Scott, remember when we did you a solid for Carlos, please return that favor with Michael. K...thanks."

Definitely not opposed to that, but should definitely be a 2 year deal if they did that. They’ll need a lefty bat next season too. 

gotta wait til after draft tho. 

Edited by ChiSox59

52 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I know it is Boras, but I would be calling Conforto the day after the draft and seeing what they could work out.  I know this year is toast, but he is exactly what they need going forward.

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know it is Boras, but I would be calling Conforto the day after the draft and seeing what they could work out.  I know this year is toast, but he is exactly what they need going forward.

I'm thinking a pillow contract. Give him 2 years (the first being the rest of this year) and let him rehab with a team the remainder of this season and then go into next year with him hopefully 100% healthy. Obviously he might look for more years but Boras clients aren't strangers to the pillow contract, rebuild value deals either.

18 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm thinking a pillow contract. Give him 2 years (the first being the rest of this year) and let him rehab with a team the remainder of this season and then go into next year with him hopefully 100% healthy. Obviously he might look for more years but Boras clients aren't strangers to the pillow contract, rebuild value deals either.

If they want to sell any tickets next year they’re going to have to do something besides subtract detritus.

Conforto would be a significant risk, but they’re certainly not going to give out one of those Correa deals for $35 million/season with escape clauses included.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

If they want to sell any tickets next year they’re going to have to do something besides subtract detritus.

Conforto would be a significant risk, but they’re certainly not going to give out one of those Correa deals for $35 million/season with escape clauses included.

Conforto would be lucky to get something like 2 years $20M after the draft.  Something like $5M for the balance of 2022 to rehab with the team and perhaps join the squad late and $15M for 23.  I doubt he's doing better than that, so not really sure Correa's contract is remotely relevant here.  

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If we could get a 3-4 year deal with discount because of this year, I would do it.  I might regret, but this team has to think creatively right now.

• Like 1