5/24 Pivetta vs. Cease 7:10

bmags

20 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I wonder why Cease stunk. Hadn't he been money in the bank? Pretty dominant? Out of nowhere he gets pummelled.

He needs to get to that next step of being able to hang in there when he doesn't have his good stuff.  He will get there.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I wonder why Cease stunk. Hadn't he been money in the bank? Pretty dominant? Out of nowhere he gets pummelled.

Lots of hanging sliders and curves and he just kept on throwing them. Just throw the fastball and locate it as best you can and mix it the sliders and curves. Seems like he was breaking pitch dominant tonight.

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Even now, with Harper, we wouldn't have a RFer because of his UCL injury.

Might have had the foresight to move Luis Gonzalez to RF like the Giants did...Avg. 338/OPS 860. Steller defense.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Not quite true. He recently had another stinker. Will be interesting to see what’s going on. I believe the general take is that he has been often limited (to the extent that he has been limited), by bouts with wandering focus.

20/20 hindsight - Devers over Moncada in the Sale trade. Moncada the better fielder - but that could be worked around. Hopefully this will inspire Mo to do a little better at the plate.

Does Cease throw a true sinker or a two-seam with some snap to it? Not much snap last night. And that knuckle-curve...

Edited by FoxForce2

1 hour ago, FoxForce2 said:

20/20 hindsight - Devers over Moncada in the Sale trade. Moncada the better fielder - but that could be worked around. Hopefully this will inspire Mo to do a little better at the plate.

Does Cease throw a true sinker or a two-seam with some snap to it? Not much snap last night. And that knuckle-curve...

Does Devers develop the same here?  Or not get Covid in 2020?  There is no way to know he would be the same player.