Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

On 5/26/2022 at 7:59 AM, joesaiditstrue said:

I don't trust this team to properly evaluate either of these guys injuries or progress, I fully expect at least one of them to get hurt significantly within 4-6 weeks after coming back

Forget about Eloy, how about some of the other guys on this team pull their wight and start pounding home runs ?  HRs  can cover up shortfalls in pitching and defense and win games that the Sox are now losing. Sox would have been swept by Boston without Burger's 3 run homer.

7 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Sox have some of the most injury prone guys in MLB. Eloy and Moncada hurt continually.

Ryan Poles has the right idea. Guys that get hurt, he basically doesn’t even consider in his acquisitions. Ogunchobi was a mistake he quickly dismissed, but I am sure Poles wouldn’t have signed him if he already knew about the problem. Draft picks have to have good xrays and history. 

15 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Bringing your guys back too early and having them get hurt is not a curse. It’s your staff.

I think it's the easy thing to say "it's the staff " and maybe it is.But Eloy is the one telling them how he feels. So you have to think that he's done a lot of running and tested himself full speed quite a few times and done the requisite exercises prior to being put into a game.

If they are asking him to rate his pain or discomfort  one a 1 to 10 scale, typical HMO stuff,  and you respond 0 when it's a 2 or 3 then that's on Eloy.

Is Eloy going to tear that hammy even worse once he resumes full time status? Seems like it's not gonna be pretty on the next tear. These well built athletic specimins just seem like their body parts are going to explode at any time. Eloy is 6-4. Winfield was 6-6 and didn't get hurt all the time. Dye was 6-4 and didn't get hurt all the time. Call them up and get them to send over their training regimen.

18 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Maybe. I don't trust our athletic training department in the slightest

Yeah, that's fair.  Eloy is going to get hurt.  I've accepted that.  We just need to hope to avoid major injuries.  If he plays 120+ games in a season one of the next few years, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Just happy it was not a major set back, and hopefully we can get Eloy's bat in the DH spot for the majority of the final 60% of the season.  And hopefully he actually hits.  

52 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Maybe. I don't trust our athletic training department in the slightest

They guys in the minors are not the same as the MLB. The same doctors will be consulting with them though.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:02 AM, tray said:

Forget about Eloy, how about some of the other guys on this team pull their wight and start pounding home runs ?  HRs  can cover up shortfalls in pitching and defense and win games that the Sox are now losing. Sox would have been swept by Boston without Burger's 3 run homer.

Eloy is the biggest bust on the current roster.  Why should we forget about him?  Are you Eloy's cousin?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Green Line said:

Eloy is the biggest bust on the current roster.  Why should we forget about him?  Are you Eloy's cousin?

I interpreted it as forget about Eloy, because anything we get out of him should be considered a bonus at this point.

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy rehab starts again 6/21