Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Moncada, Jimenez, and Lynn are all overweight. Not one of them takes conditioning seriously. 

This might be the first time ever I have seen someone call Moncada overweight.  He might be wrongly conditioned, but he is anything but overweight.  Dude is a freaking Adonis.  Too much muscle, not enough flexibility? Sure. Overweight? Lmao, no.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This might be the first time ever I have seen someone call Moncada overweight.  He might be wrongly conditioned, but he is anything but overweight.  Dude is a freaking Adonis.  Too much muscle, not enough flexibility? Sure. Overweight? Lmao, no.

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing. 

• Like 1

If Moncada is truly hurt (and Grandal for that matter), please IL them and roll with Burger and Carlos Perez. And bring them back slowly. I know it sucks not having their lefty bats but it does you no good if they are both massively underperforming. 

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Lynn's rehab start didn't exactly go well yesterday either. He said he felt good, but he also gave up 7 runs in 3 innings. 

Hoping that it was a matter of just getting his work in and working on locating pitches, etc., regardless of the outcome (or situation).

That said, not really encouraging.

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Lynn's rehab start didn't exactly go well yesterday either. He said he felt good, but he also gave up 7 runs in 3 innings. 

Someone has to take Keuchel's spot. 

• Fire 1

Not too worried about Lynn. It's essentially practice out there for Lynn. 

In regards to Eloy, smh. Nothing to add. Anderson will be back before him, and honestly? We can withstand no Eloy more than we can Anderson. Eloy's peak to me is Carlos Lee. He's an above average player, but really not that valuable overall because of his D and injuries. His and Yoans career arc is a one or two time all star who are slightly above average. They're not winning you championships, but can be a big part of winning one. 

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

At 6'2" and 225 pounds, Yoan Moncada is 32 pounds overweight.

"Normal" is 148 to 193 pounds.

Overweight is 194 to 232 pounds.

Obese is 233+ pounds.

https://www.rush.edu/how-much-should-i-weigh

I would like to add that these BMI ranges make absolutely no sense to me and I've never understood the way they are constructed. But hey, science.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Obese is 233+ pounds.

I would like to add that these BMI ranges make absolutely no sense to me and I've never understood the way they are constructed. But hey, science.

I will say it again.

Lmao, no.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will say it again.

Lmao, no.

Yeah, let’s totally not take his body fat into account.  FFS.  He’s a highly trained athlete.  Those charts are for regular people.  He’s not overweight 🙄

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

45 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Obese is 233+ pounds.

Now do Lance Lynn.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Moncada, Jimenez, and Lynn are all overweight. Not one of them takes conditioning seriously. 

What? Lol.

These are baseball players you're talking about. You know that, right? Some of the least injury-prone baseball players of all time were, by all measurable standards, fat asses... Especially in comparison to the three guys you listed. 

If anything, Eloy and Moncada have too much muscle mass, and not enough flexibility.

Also, are people really citing BMI here?

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

People shaming the people for using BMI as any indicator makes me feel better about myself and where I am weight wise lol

BMI has been an absolutely useless tool, for...well...forever. It does not account for athletics at all. It doesn't account for bone structure or build at all. And then there's the whole...muscle weighs more than fat thing, you know?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will say it again.

Lmao, no.

I understand the BMI chart is nonsense. Which is why I said it makes no sense. But factually speaking, he is "overweight". Just saying!

For the record, I'd like to trade bodies with Yoan and be "overweight" like he is too.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't do the whole 20 . He'll just re-aggravate it running during a hit ,advancing after a walk or playing the OF. Hell he could hurt himself striding when swinging the bat.

You mean you wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do the whole 20.

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You mean you wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do the whole 20.

I mean Jimmy expects him back before the whole 20 days . I expect it to last longer than 20 days.

If the 20 days starts after he returns on Tuesday the 20 days is up July 4th. So I'm thinking somehow he re injured himself and maybe out until after the Al Star break so around July 20th.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I mean Jimmy expects him back before the whole 20 days . I expect it to last longer than 20 days. Not necessarily the rehab assignment lasting longer than 20 days since that might be against the rules. I'm expecting him to get reinjured and get another IL stint of at least 10 days which would then allow for another rehab stint. July 1st or later is what I am expecting.

No. Jimmy said "he would be surprised if he finished the 20 days" meaning he does not expect him to. You're saying the same thing but you just worded it incorrectly.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy rehab starts again 6/21