Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

3 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

a) Moncada is not getting benched, sorry to break that news to you.   The team is already balking on walking away from lesser financial commitments in Harrison and Leury,  there is no way they simply just stick Moncada on the bench to rott

b) I never said I didn't want Eloy.  Read again.  

The Sox have gotten much better at dumping non-performing players.  i think most of the reason a guy like Harrison is still on the team is all of the rest of the injuries, and not because they aren't willing to eat a few bucks.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox have gotten much better at dumping non-performing players.  i think most of the reason a guy like Harrison is still on the team is all of the rest of the injuries, and not because they aren't willing to eat a few bucks.

Sox have near guaranteed better replacements for Harrison in the minors. Don't think the injuries are an excuse at all.

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sounding like a used car salesman there buddy. Near guaranteed is what percent of guaranteed ?

You could get a good look at a T bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the bull's word for it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy "getting ready to play games again" (6/19)
21 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Getting harder to follow the Eloy Saga . So Tuesday would be tomorrow which is a week later than the original tweet that said he could be ready last Tuesday. Then he will have 20 days from whenever his new rehab assignment is designated to start which pushes that date to July 11 if he does actually start his assignment tomorrow. (which is 50/50) !

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Getting harder to follow the Eloy Saga . So Tuesday would be tomorrow which is a week later than the original tweet that said he could be ready last Tuesday. Then he will have 20 days from whenever his new rehab assignment is designated to start which pushes that date to July 11 if he does actually start his assignment tomorrow. (which is 50/50) !

I feel like I need an advanced degree to follow his progress or lack of progress, but I have no idea what that degree would be.  Post modern revisionist history??

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Get him right and fully healthy. I am giving him one more chance. If we have more Injuries then time to move on....

They won’t be moving on from Eloy anytime soon. He’ll get plenty more chances after future injuries that are certain to occur. Sox should, on the other hand, expect to be without Eloy for long and frequent stretches of the next 2.5 seasons and plan the roster accordingly. At this point, any real sustained production from Eloy should be projected as a luxury. It sucks; but it’s reality. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why don't we want or need Montas and why do we need Eloy ?

Bc he would be in the bullpen if we got him as he couldn't crack the rotation and the team clearly needs power as we are at the bottom of HRs in the league 

And the Sox need to get rid of all of AAA players 

7 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Bc he would be in the bullpen if we got him as he couldn't crack the rotation and the team clearly needs power as we are at the bottom of HRs in the league 

And the Sox need to get rid of all of AAA players 

Montas can find a spot in any rotation  especially if the Sox can trade Cueto or Lynn. Plus Montas is signed through next year.

Eloy provides nothing if he's not in the lineup ever.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside