Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Montas can find a spot in any rotation  especially if the Sox can trade Cueto or Lynn. Plus Montas is signed through next year.

Eloy provides nothing if he's not in the lineup ever.

Lmao you are delusional.  The Sox are NOT trading any SP to bring in a potential downgrade.  

Eloy is an immediate upgrade over everyone in that lineup except maybe the top 3-4.  If you think he is not then just trade everyone now and go through another 10 year rebuild 

6 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Lmao you are delusional.  The Sox are NOT trading any SP to bring in a potential downgrade.  

Eloy is an immediate upgrade over everyone in that lineup except maybe the top 3-4.  If you think he is not then just trade everyone now and go through another 10 year rebuild 

How is Eloy the groundball machine and a terrible fielder when he is healthy ,which is never, an upgrade over anyone.

Perhaps you don't realize Cueto is gone after this year and Lynn will be 36 and he's been injured much of the year. I think you may be delusional about Eloy and the state of the starting Rotation, the massive amount of DH's the Sox have , our terrible defense  and the current payroll constraints the Sox are facing.

Maybe you need to explain your vision of the future.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

How is Eloy the groundball machine and a terrible fielder when he is healthy ,which is never, an upgrade over anyone.

Perhaps you don't realize Cueto is gone after this year and Lynn will be 36 and he's been injured much of the year. I think you may be delusional about Eloy and the state of the starting Rotation, the massive amount of DH's the Sox have , our terrible defense  and the current payroll constraints the Sox are facing.

Maybe you need to explain your vision of the future.

Eloy the groundball hitter is still a better hitter than 

YoYo

Leury

Sheets

Haseley

Pollock

Zavala

McGuire

Harrison 

At times better than Robert and Burger.  

Until he is back in the majors we don't know if we have the groundball Eloy or the good Eloy.   Groundball Eloy is easily fixable.  The first step is firing the dumbass who turned him into groundball Eloy 

No one is trading for Lynn and the Sox will NEVER trade him or Cueto unless they are going for a pretty big rebuild and found a perfect situation to do so.  Until they are maybe 15 or more back they will be going for it. 

Edited by Polar Bear

3 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

YoYo

Leury

Sheets

Haseley

Pollock

Zavala

McGuire

Harrison 

Until he is back in the majors we don't know if we have the groundball Eloy or the good Eloy.   Groundball Eloy is easily fixable.  The first step is firing the dumbass who turned him into groundball Eloy 

No one is trading for Lynn and the Sox will NEVER trade him or Cueto unless they are going for a pretty big rebuild and found a perfect situation to do so.  Until they are maybe 15 or more back they will be going for it. 

So you have no plan for the future of this .500 team since all you did was talk about who Eloy can hit better than and said nothing about the terrible fielding or Eloy the DH like all the other DH's the Sox have. Nor did you address why he's not worth anything unless he actually ever plays.Thank you.

Cueto is as good as gone if the Sox are still doing what they are doing now at the trade deadline and if he goes so will others.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So you have no plan for the future of this .500 team. Thank you. Cueto is as good as gone if the Six are still doing what they are doing now at the trade deadline and if he goes so will others.

The Sox will 100% be standing pat at the deadline if they are still within 10 games of the division and/or the WC

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

YoYo

Leury

Sheets

Haseley

Pollock

Zavala

McGuire

Harrison 

No one is trading for Lynn?  Why would teams not be interested in him?

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No one is trading for Lynn?  Why would teams not be interested in him?

Price tag.....  He is still a really good pitcher under contract for up to 2 more seasons, the asking price is probably way to high for teams to pay.  Not to mention the fact that the Sox are NEVER going to trade away any piece that helps them compete if they are within 10 of either the division or the WC

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd see if Oakland wants him for Montas.

If I were to trade Eloy I would make sure I was getting a left handed hitter. I feel like the biggest need for this team right now is a left handed impact bat who ideally can play a solid right or left field (I suppose 2B is also fine). Easy for me to say but that is what I would be doing. 

If you trade Eloy plus others and can get it (likely with a 3rd team involved in that scenario…fine by me). That said I hope Eloy has a switch that flipped and he can come back and be the guy they saw in 2000. Dude was locked in that Covid year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Price tag.....  He is still a really good pitcher under contract for up to 2 more seasons, the asking price is probably way to high for teams to pay.  Not to mention the fact that the Sox are NEVER going to trade away any piece that helps them compete if they are within 10 of either the division or the WC

Gotcha, yeah I’d imagine the Sox would want a ton to blow things up with Tony at helm.  That being said, I think they do a soft sell at minimum if they’re 10+ games out.  Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that though.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gotcha, yeah I’d imagine the Sox would want a ton to blow things up with Tony at helm.  That being said, I think they do a soft sell at minimum if they’re 10+ games out.  Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that though.

10+ out i can see a few guys being shipped out but not much.  I really think we will be within 10 at the deadline and thus stand pat for the finale run to the playoffs 

23 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Eloy with a 104.5 mph single off a major league young guy doing his rehab as well 

I'll wager Eloy is back Monday (Thursday if the team is stupid and decides more rest/rehab assignment are necessary)

SO the Sox are stupid if they decide he needs more rehab even though we are way past the 6-8 weeks his injury was supposed to take and he already hurt himself once trying to come back early and before his current rehab assignment started he had another week off. Before tonight he's only had 13 innings in LF in his 2nd rehab assignment.

How in heavens name can you convince yourself he'll be ready Monday and think the Sox are stupid to give him more time when you aren't even close to the situation or directly involved in his health care ?

27 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

SO the Sox are stupid if they decide he needs more rehab even though we are way past the 6-8 weeks his injury was supposed to take and he already hurt himself once trying to come back early and before his current rehab assignment started he had another week off. Before tonight he's only had 13 innings in LF in his 2nd rehab assignment.

How in heavens name can you convince yourself he'll be ready Monday and think the Sox are stupid to give him more time when you aren't even close to the situation or directly involved in his health care ?

Bc I know more about this stuff then probably most everyone here (not everyone).  Monday it will be imo assuming all goes well tonight and tomorrow.  But Thursday would be the fallback/Sox thing to do.  

Eloy is only still down to get his timing (which he seems to be getting) and to get used to playing on his surgically repaired hammy.  

Also if you wanna look at a semi comparison.  Moncada missed roughly a month and had about a week rehab assignment.  Eloy missed what double that and is going to have close to 3 times the rehab assignment.  Seems about right based on that as well.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Bc I know more about this stuff then probably most everyone here (not everyone).  Monday it will be imo assuming all goes well tonight and tomorrow.  But Thursday would be the fallback/Sox thing to do.  

Eloy is only still down to get his timing (which he seems to be getting) and to get used to playing on his surgically repaired hammy.  

Also if you wanna look at a semi comparison.  Moncada missed roughly a month and had about a week rehab assignment.  Eloy missed what double that and is going to have close to 3 times the rehab assignment.  Seems about right based on that as well.  

So you're going to play some kind of mysterious you're in the know somehow game here . Is that it ? I give you details on why it doesn't seem plausible he'll be activated Monday and that's all you got ? Of course the people who play that card also never reveal anything and then can claim later that you never knew anyone who gives you inside info . Or you can say you know someone but they were wrong thus making you wrong.  How convenient to have a way out or an excuse to never actually be wrong based on your own opinion. .Some of us take chances doing by trying to use all the facts we can gather and coming to a semi informed opinion.

I really don't blame the Sox or Eloy for this dragging out. It seems the team doctors think he can play with it, and Eloy wasn't comfortable.  If he's not comfortable,  he's going to favor it and screw something else up. I think he'll be ready to contribute soon after his return.

7 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Bc he would be in the bullpen if we got him as he couldn't crack the rotation and the team clearly needs power as we are at the bottom of HRs in the league 

And the Sox need to get rid of all of AAA players 

Montas would easily be our second best SP.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So you're going to play some kind of mysterious you're in the know somehow game here . Is that it ? I give you details on why it doesn't seem plausible he'll be activated Monday and that's all you got ? Of course the people who play that card also never reveal anything and then can claim later that you never knew anyone who gives you inside info . Or you can say you know someone but they were wrong thus making you wrong.  How convenient to have a way out or an excuse to never actually be wrong based on your own opinion. .Some of us take chances doing by trying to use all the facts we can gather and coming to a semi informed opinion.

You didn't give any reason as why he won't/shouldn't be called up Monday/Thursday.  

Eloy didn't reinjure/hurt himself as you say and its embarrassing to see a Sox fan say that.  Eloy just had general soreness of say someone exercising the first time in a year so the Sox decided to give him a little rest to work through it.  

I already gave you the reasons that he will be back either Monday or Thursday (barring anything new).  

Eloy is only still down to gain his timing and get used to living and playing with that surgically repaired hammy.  His timing is looking good with a HR, 3 walks and 2 hits over 104 mph in his last 3 games.  So now it's going to come down to how he feels.  Does he feel comfortable running on the hammy.  It looks like he does.  Thus imo he is ready.  

I've also already shown you he is far past the rehab time frame of say Moncada.  When on a rehab assignment production is meaningless as we saw with Lynn.  For hitters you want them seeing the ball well (which Eloy has), hitting the ball hard (which Eloy has), and feeling comfortable pushing his body (reports are he has). 

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

You didn't give any reason as why he won't/shouldn't be called up Monday/Thursday.  

Eloy didn't reinjure/hurt himself as you say and its embarrassing to see a Sox fan say that.  Eloy just had general soreness of say someone exercising the first time in a year so the Sox decided to give him a little rest to work through it.  

I already gave you the reasons that he will be back either Monday or Thursday (barring anything new).  

Eloy is only still down to gain his timing and get used to living and playing with that surgically repaired hammy.  His timing is looking good with a HR, 3 walks and 2 hits over 104 mph in his last 3 games.  So now it's going to come down to how he feels.  Does he feel comfortable running on the hammy.  It looks like he does.  Thus imo he is ready.  

I've also already shown you he is far past the rehab time frame of say Moncada.  When on a rehab assignment production is meaningless as we saw with Lynn.  For hitters you want them seeing the ball well (which Eloy has), hitting the ball hard (which Eloy has), and feeling comfortable pushing his body (reports are he has). 

Of course I did.But I'm not going to repeat them. He pulled himself out of his very 1st game of his 1st rehab assignment on May 28th. They sat him until June 1st then he played 5 games betweeh the 1st and the 7th of JUne . Then they shut him down for 2 weeks .It's semantics to say he didn't reinjured himself. He wasn't up to playing ok? Is that better ? Twice once on 5/28 and next time after the June 7th game.Today looks like the 1st time he played a full game in the OF. Is there a possibility of him coming back Monday ? Sure I guess so and you hedge your bet by saying Thursday. But you say if it isn't Monday the Sox are stupid to wait as if you know more about the situation than them. It's pretty arrogant.

What difference does Moncada's time frame make? Not the same injury not the same player. I'll take a wild guess and say he doesn't play tomorrow after his 1st full game in the OF and the Sox will make sure he can at least play 2 or 3 games in a row before they bring him back either end of next week or next Monday the 11th. But I admit I'm guessing because I don't know anything except for what happened in his 1st rehab assignment, how long it took him to start his 2nd rehab assignment and how much they have played him in the OF and at DH so far.

You could be right or I could be right or we both could be wrong. They start a 7 game stretch against the Guardians and Twins starting on the 11th. The All Star beak starts the 18th and they resume play on the 22nd against the Guardians again.

Don't be embarrassed for me that I took the time to research and observe the full situation far closer than you did.