Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

22 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm getting ready to admit you were right if Eloy comes up today. However if you had mentioned Charlotte is about to go on a road trip to Gwinnett I would've probably agreed with you earlier. So today it's either Chicago or Gwinnett.

Yeah I mean Burger has hardly played since Yoan came up. AV being unable to play OF right now is certainly part of that. But may as well being Eloy up. Eloy, Engel and Hendriks up with Burger, Haseley and Lambert optioned. 

4 hours ago, Sarava said:

So nice to see. I know he hasn't done jack for 2 years. But Eloy might be our best hope. If the real Eloy can come out to play this summer, it could light this offense on fire.

As I posted in today's game thread, if jimenez comes back they'll probably send Burger down so unless Eloy is back in 2019/2020 form it's a wash or even a downgrade if he performs like he did so far this season.  Let's hope he comes back raking right from the get-go.

44 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah I mean Burger has hardly played since Yoan came up. AV being unable to play OF right now is certainly part of that. But may as well being Eloy up. Eloy, Engel and Hendriks up with Burger, Haseley and Lambert optioned. 

Might as well split time at DH and LF with Vaughn and Eloy to give Vaughn's legs time off . Then split time between Engel and Sheets in RF.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Might as well split time at DH and LF with Vaughn and Eloy to give Vaughn's legs time off . Then split time between Engel and Sheets in RF.

Pollock?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Hopefully Eloy can come back and  hit some home runs for the White Sox. The team needs his power. They're not hitting any home runs.

Right on.  Joc Pederson and Kyle Schwarber would have looked mighty good in a Sox uniform this season, both with 20 + homers this season so far.  Almost like Hahn has forgotten about getting a good LH outfielder..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Right on.  Joc Pederson and Kyle Schwarber would have looked mighty good in a Sox uniform this season, both with 20 + homers this season so far.  Almost like Hahn has forgotten about getting a good LH outfielder..

I agree but Sox don’t need more DHs. They should have acquired a real OF that hit LH not those 2. We saw how awful Pederson is in the OF this weekend. 

16 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Joc looked like crap in the outfield over the weekend.

I didn't realize minors were playing today (usually off every monday and was part of the reason my opinion was today for the callup).  Imo Eloy should be headed to Chicago tomorrow and either officially called up or given a rest day and then called up Wednesday.  

love-kiss.gif

4 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

I didn't realize minors were playing today (usually off every monday and was part of the reason my opinion was today for the callup).  Imo Eloy should be headed to Chicago tomorrow and either officially called up or given a rest day and then called up Wednesday.  

love-kiss.gif

4th of July fireworks and captured profits for minor league teams

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Eloy 2 for 4 today, 2 singles and a GIDP. Looks like he played the full game in LF. Do not know if they were GB singles or hit over the infield.

The Sox really need Eloy to be red hot when he comes back up.  Can't afford a couple of weeks to get back in the groove.  Let's hope he comes back raking like he's the hitter he was expected to be.

I don't even care about wins and losses anymore this season, because it's fairly clear that Minnesota and Cleveland are better. 

I do care about getting the guys that were supposed to be their core hitters going again, and that is what the remainder of the season should be about. Get Eloy/Moncada/Robert back to being good players, and go get 'em next year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

love-kiss.gif

With the way they have handled guys coming off the IL multiple times this year, they will activate him off the IL, he will be there taking BP, and be out of the starting lineup for some reason.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

With the way they operate, they will activate him off the IL, he will be there taking BP, and be out of the starting lineup for some reason.

I can definitely see them doing that.  I can also see them waiting another day if the weather is really looking bad 

Just now, Polar Bear said:

I can definitely see them doing that.  I can also see them waiting another day if the weather is really looking bad 

Yep but better to do as you said: get him there and wait until the next day to activate and play him. Unless you're going to play him the day you activate him.

• Like 1