Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Having Eloy play for Charlotte last night instead of using that as his travel day so he could be in the lineup tonight makes absolutely 0 sense.

Probably won’t activate him till the tigers series is TLR plan I’m guessing?

17 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Of course this dumbass org is gonna run him back out to LF to further wreck his career...

Really is incredible.  You would think they would have put a bit more effort into making Pollock a decent RF the last 2 months if this was the plan.  

I'm glad to see Eloy come back. Perhaps he can provide  some power for this team. The team is boring to watch. Maybe Eloy  can ignite this team. I've noticed that Burger is not playing anymore. Looks like he'll be sent down when Eloy comes back.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'd rather see Vaughn in LF than Jimenez. 

I remember suggestion Vaughn could probably play in the outfield before it went down… pretty mediocre which is a huge improvement over Eloy.

Urg. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

He's a better left fielder.  There's no doubt about that.

Just to stress this - he's actually been not as terrible for the last month, and Andrew Vaughn is still the worst OF in baseball according to statcast and under "Success rate added" he comes in as easily the worst performing fielder in baseball.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to Eloy coming back. His development has been severely stunted by the COVID season, the "lost year" with the pec injury, and now essentially half this season. A kid his age needs reps and he hasn't had them. Will be ever be a gold glove outfielder? Hell no. But he could be serviceable given more work. His bat needs 600 PA's each of the next 2 years to see what he can be. I know we (rightly) want to wrap him in bubble wrap, but the kid has to play...... and that means LF with the glut of DH's we have on this roster. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Just to stress this - he's actually been not as terrible for the last month, and Andrew Vaughn is still the worst OF in baseball according to statcast and under "Success rate added" he comes in as easily the worst performing fielder in baseball.

Vaughn appears to be passable in the OF because he catches everything he gets to, but he's so damn slow that he doesn't get to much. A lot of stuff just falls out of his reach that a faster guy like Eloy, even though he looks really bad out there, could get.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Vaughn appears to be passable in the OF because he catches everything he gets to, but he's so damn slow that he doesn't get to much. A lot of stuff just falls out of his reach that a faster guy like Eloy, even though he looks really bad out there, could get.

And because of how things work, there will be randomly some games or weeks where it is bloody obvious how bad he is because several balls are hit to the right spots, and then a few weeks where it seems like he’s doing fine because a couple of those balls wound up closer to him, so people forget.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And because of how things work, there will be randomly some games or weeks where it is bloody obvious how bad he is because several balls are hit to the right spots, and then a few weeks where it seems like he’s doing fine because a couple of those balls wound up closer to him, so people forget.

Even though Vaughn is worse in LF, he won't hurt himself out there. Eloy is a danger to himself and Robert. 

All I hope from Eloy is for him is to play the rest of the season without injury and work at becoming a real major league hitter. If he ignites the team with some power, good. But I don't expect it.  I expect little from him and this team at the moment.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:02 AM, Balta1701 said:

A smarter organization could/ would position him (and the entire team) better with advanced scouting and charts), which would help him get to more balls.

Don't think Vaughn is a good physical fit at 1B either, but he is still valuable at bat, and should add a bit more power over time. Pitch recognition outside should be the priority now.