Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

4 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Can someone explain to me why playing in the minor leagues is considered rehab? If there is a spot on the roster for the position and it's full 9 inning baseball, why not just ease them in on the mlb roster?

Players can work on specific aspects of their rehab, play more cautious without costing the Big Club runs/wins. They are also easing back in, so planned off days or partial games limit their availability.

You are taking up an active roster spot for a player not available, though the Sox have already done this a few times this season (Moncada, Robert, Vaughn resting further after activation). However, that is the exception and not typical across The MLB, including the Sox most years.

• Thanks 1

Sox run differential is 4th worse in baseball - offense has 3rd fewest runs scored in baseball. That run differential was obviously significantly impacted by a few horrific games and fact that they have really had almost no blowout wins cause there offense has been flat out PUTRID.  Could really use 2020 Eloy Jimenez at the plate.  

Does anybody else cringe at the thought of Eloy returning soon? You just half expect the poor guy to go down in a heap any minute. The  White Sox need to get Eloy with the BEST in the field of training for consultation. Seems to me a no brainer to pay up and pay some expert to keep Eloy healthy. Get a Second opinion so to speak. He needs some advice on how to avoid ripping muscles while running hard on the basepaths and making quick moves out of the box and in the outfield.

Edited by greg775

22 hours ago, greg775 said:

Does anybody else cringe at the thought of Eloy returning soon? You just half expect the poor guy to go down in a heap any minute. The  White Sox need to get Eloy with the BEST in the field of training for consultation. Seems to me a no brainer to pay up and pay some expert to keep Eloy healthy. Get a Second opinion so to speak. He needs some advice on how to avoid ripping muscles while running hard on the basepaths and making quick moves out of the box and in the outfield.

Nope. I'm keeping a small sliver of hope his personality injects some life into this dead team. Anything to prevent one of Sheets/Garcia/Harrison/McGuire/Moncada/Grandal from all being in the lineup at the same time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Nope. I'm keeping a small sliver of hope his personality injects some life into this dead team. Anything to prevent one of Sheets/Garcia/Harrison/McGuire/Moncada/Grandal from all being in the lineup at the same time.

I love Eloy's attitude and obvious love for the game. It's a shame about his health.

25 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Cease and Graveman presumably back Friday, replacing Lambert and Crick. Martin may be replacing Sousa or Banks.

Have to think it's Banks.  Since his good start, hasn't looked that trustworthy 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s the Sox, a starting pitcher is probably hurt.

I will admit I looked and they have announced VV, Cease, and Giolito for this series but haven’t given probable starters for the Dodgers yet.

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder if that is why Kopech got his ass kicked?

His fastball was there but he couldn’t throw strikes with anything - and they had just given him 9 days off, in part to move Cease around and in part because of the off days. While he could have something wrong, that could also have just been rust. But yeah I did think of that too.

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy rehab starts again 6/21