Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Imagine the Cubs dealing Bryant and Baez in 2017…

Not the same thing.  I suggested trading Yoan and Eloy a year ago.  Eloy and Yoan will never be part of a championship team like Bryant and Baez were.  If the Sox are still counting on Yoan and Eloy to be at the center of their so-called "championship core" then their core is hollow and their rebuild is a failure.

5 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Not the same thing.  I suggested trading Yoan and Eloy a year ago.  Eloy and Yoan will never be part of a championship team like Bryant and Baez were.  If the Sox are still counting on Yoan and Eloy to be at the center of their so-called "championship core" then their core is hollow and their rebuild is a failure.

You didn’t know a year ago Burger might be a viable replacement, though…

10 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I think the jury is out on this. These are still pretty young, pretty insanely talented players dealing with injuries. 

Also, in this thread and others, why do White Sox fans want so badly to blame someone for these injuries, whether its the player, the training staff, the GM, Tony, etc? 

The entire team trains the wrong way other than Cease and I'd imagine some of the other pitchers.  Too many of our guys are young and suffering chronic lower body issues. That's a training issue when it happens across the team and with young players. Shit, ask Jake Burger what he does to stay healthy coming off two torn achilles I bet he has a lot of insight.

4 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I think the jury is out on this. These are still pretty young, pretty insanely talented players dealing with injuries. 

Also, in this thread and others, why do White Sox fans want so badly to blame someone for these injuries, whether its the player, the training staff, the GM, Tony, etc? 

I mean, it's kind of human nature, no? It's easier to accept that something is someone's fault rather than just the result of bad luck.

23 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Moncada put up a 4 WAR last year without hitting much. Eloy won a Silver Slugger last time he was healthy. I know it's easy to kick a horse while they are down, but to say these guys can't contribute to a championship team is a hot take.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Eloy was always a one dimensional player and even when he has been healthy his hitting hasn't been what they expected.  Of course he's stillyoung but it's hard to see how they can keep him on the field and even as a DH he seems prone to injury.

Yoan was over-hyped.

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

No, but I knew Eloy and Yoan weren't going to live up to the hype and were not the type of players to build around.

Yoan is 100% a player you can build around.  He looks awful right now because he's injured. 

Eloy....maybe.  Dude can't stay healthy.  But if he can, he'd be plenty fine as a DH masher on a contender. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yoan is 100% a player you can build around.  He looks awful right now because he's injured. 

Eloy....maybe.  Dude can't stay healthy.  But if he can, he'd be plenty fine as a DH masher on a contender. 

Why isn't Yoan on the IL if he's injured?

If Eloy can stay healthy and if he wants/is able to be a full time DH he would be fine as a DH on a contender.  But I wouldn't build a team around him as part of the core.

3 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Yoan was indeed overhyped, but has still been a productive player. Those two are not mutually exclusive.

Productive yes.  But not the kind of player you build around as the center of your core.  More of a nice complementary piece to round out your team.  And that's when he was performing well.  Who knows if he'll ever perform that well again.

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy rehab starts again 6/21