Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I mean Jimmy expects him back before the whole 20 days . I expect it to last longer than 20 days. Not necessarily the rehab assignment lasting longer than 20 days since that might be against the rules. I'm expecting him to get reinjured and get another IL stint of at least 10 days which would then allow for another rehab stint. July 1st or later is what I am expecting.

July 1st is within the 20 days.  

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

No. Jimmy said "he would be surprised if he finished the 20 days" meaning he does not expect him to. You're saying the same thing but you just worded it incorrectly.

20 day clock restarts upon his return and I’d be surprised if he does the full 20 at that point. #WhiteSox
Ok if you're going to use quotation marks I suggest you copy and paste the tweet like I did to get it right.
He expects him to return to the Sox before the 20 days is up is the way I read it.

20 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

July 1st is within the 20 days.  

I see you found my edited post amusing. I know it's overly pessimistic . The Sox ( or maybe specifically TLR) thought Eloy would be back before Lynn. Now perhaps Lynn gets another rehab start which is 1 more than expected.

Now Eloy suffered a setback which seemed predictable the minute he pulled himself out of his 1st rehab game running to 1st base if I'm getting my facts straight this time.

So Eloy will definitely be back after Lynn. And we are talking Eloy here so I feel I'm pretty justified in thinking the worst when it comes to him and the Sox training staff doing the right things to get him healthy.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I see you found my edited post amusing. I know it's overly pessimistic . The Sox ( or maybe specifically TLR) thought Eloy would be back before Lynn. Now perhaps Lynn gets another rehab start which is 1 more than expected.

Now Eloy suffered a setback which seemed predictable the minute he pulled himself out of his 1st rehab game running to 1st base if I'm getting my facts straight this time.

So Eloy will definitely be back after Lynn. And we are talking Eloy here so I feel I'm pretty justified in thinking the worst when it comes to him and the Sox training staff doing the right things to get him healthy.

I just think its funny you went from July 1st, got called out on it, and then switched to July 20.

I don't disagree that there is a coin flips chance that Eloy gets hurt again before he makes it back to the club.  And even if he does make it back to the big leagues this year, I don't have much faith he'll be a positive contributor. 

It sucks, but any sort of positive developments we get from Eloy moving forward are going to be gravy.  I hope the organization plans that way moving forward.  He simply cannot be relied upon.  

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 10:00 AM, ChiSox59 said:

I just think its funny you went from July 1st, got called out on it, and then switched to July 20.

I don't disagree that there is a coin flips chance that Eloy gets hurt again before he makes it back to the club.  And even if he does make it back to the big leagues this year, I don't have much faith he'll be a positive contributor. 

It sucks, but any sort of positive developments we get from Eloy moving forward are going to be gravy.  I hope the organization plans that way moving forward.  He simply cannot be relied upon.  

I called myself out. I was already editing the post after I did the math and saw July 4th was the 20 day date. I estimated some time after July 1st ("July 1st or later") is what I originally said because I thought he would re injure himself. I just was more specific after I edited and figured if he hurts himself again, coming back after the All Star break was a nice overly pessimistic view in line with my original post.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

59 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'm really not counting on anything from him this year. He doesn't deserve benefit of the doubt to be honest.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:57 AM, JoeC said:

lol RE: BMI discussion.

I was considered "overweight" at 5'8" and 190 as an athlete in college with 5% bodyfat. Best shape of my life, but according to BMI, I had a weight problem.

I get what you're saying and completely agree, but I doubt you were 5% bodyfat

30 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I get what you're saying and completely agree, but I doubt you were 5% bodyfat

I was.

i was also 19 and a college athlete who worked out 4 hours a day for the summer.

besides the point though

10 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

A month and a half ago we got word that Eloy might be back in 2 weeks. 

Turns out he was just 6 weeks off!  I think we'll get Eloy back in ~2 weeks if this next round of rehab goes without a hitch.  Admittedly, that is a big if these day.  Will be in the lineup at DH today, they say.  

On 6/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Still no Eloy tonight. 

If we are waiting for the new rehab assignment to start in order to get to when the 20 days is up , it's getting pushed back more and more.

Already looking very close to the 2nd week in July as the end date .However Eloy is expected to be back before the 20 days has expired. Now it's a question of when the 20 days is going to start. The original tweeter thought it was going to be Tuesday and now we'll have to see if its Friday.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If we are waiting for the new rehab assignment to start in order to get to when the 20 days is up , it's getting pushed back more and more.

Already looking very close to the 2nd week in July as the end date .However Eloy is expected to be back before the 20 days has expired. Now it's a question of when the 20 days is going to start. The original tweeter thought it was going to be Tuesday and now we'll have to see if its Friday.

I'm to the point where Eloy should sit until August if he has to.   No sense in rushing someone as fragile as he is. 

Moncada isn't going to get benched for Burger, therefore only DH is  going to be an option for Burger.      I'm fine with this. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'm to the point where Eloy should sit until August if he has to.   No sense in rushing someone as fragile as he is. 

Moncada isn't going to get benched for Burger, therefore only DH is  going to be an option for Burger.      I'm fine with this. 

Eloy starts and switches between  LF and  at DH when he returns....and he will hit home runs which the Sox  haven't done enough so far this season.

I am not fine with Moncada at 3B every game based on  one good offensive performance  against Detroit, including one AB against a position player. 

I am also not sure Burger has the durability to play every game, even as a DH given his two Achilles injuries.

If you don't want Eloy, you must not want to win this season.  He can provide a lot of what is lacking in the line-up and in the clubhouse in terms of his positive attitude  and fun spirit .

1 hour ago, tray said:

Eloy starts and switches between  LF and  at DH when he returns....and he will hit home runs which the Sox  haven't done enough so far this season.

I am not fine with Moncada at 3B every game based on  one good offensive performance  against Detroit, including one AB against a position player. 

I am also not sure Burger has the durability to play every game, even as a DH given his two Achilles injuries.

If you don't want Eloy, you must not want to win this season.  He can provide a lot of what is lacking in the line-up and in the clubhouse in terms of his positive attitude and fun spirit until he gets hurt yet again.

Fixed

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

If you don't want Eloy, you must not want to win this season.  He can provide a lot of what is lacking in the line-up and in the clubhouse in terms of his positive attitude  and fun spirit .

a) Moncada is not getting benched, sorry to break that news to you.   The team is already balking on walking away from lesser financial commitments in Harrison and Leury,  there is no way they simply just stick Moncada on the bench to rott

b) I never said I didn't want Eloy.  Read again.  

3 hours ago, tray said:

If you don't want Yoan, you must not want to win this season. We are almost dead last in walks. Can't make up for that with positive attitude and fun spirit.

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy rehab starts again 6/21