Trade Talk With Rick Hahn/Merkin

caulfield12

12 hours ago, T R U said:

This is what happens when you let the mother fuckers who sunk the team in the first place lead the rebuild. 

I suspect we're ultimately saying the same thing, but I'd say they did quite well leading the rebuild. It's the handling of any team that's not losing on purpose that they completely fail at.

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Don't care whether or not this team can make the playoffs. This team can't win in the playoffs.

Would make Jimenez, Velaszuez, Keuchel, Pollock, Harrison, Sheets and Burger all available. Look to acquire at least two LH bats with good OBP and controlled through at least 2024.  Anybody in the minors except Ramos, Rodriguez, Montgomery, Colas, Vera and Sanchez can be used to get those LH bats.

Edited by CentralChamps21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Don't care whether or not this team can make the playoffs. This team can't win in the playoffs.

Would make Jimenez, Velaszuez, Keuchel, Pollock and Harrison all available. Look to acquire at least two LH bats with good OBP and controlled through at least 2024.  Anybody in the minors except Ramos, Rodriguez, Montgomery, Colas, Vera and Sanchez can be used to get those LH bats.

Why does everyone think that the rest of baseball wants our garbage for their treasures?  No one is trading anything of value for Josh Harrison, Vince V, or Dallas for sure.  Pollock and Eloy will be hugely discounted on the trade market as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Why does everyone think that the rest of baseball wants our garbage for their treasures?  No one is trading anything of value for Josh Harrison, Vince V, or Dallas for sure.  Pollock and Eloy will be hugely discounted on the trade market as well.

Not saying we will get anything for most of those guys. Let them go for salary relief and a minor league bullpen arm that needs a change of scenery, except for Eloy.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Imagine Hahn on the phone with a GM: "Josh Harrison, Dallas Keuchel and VV are available for the right price."

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Would make Jimenez, Velaszuez, Keuchel, Pollock, Harrison, Sheets and Burger all available. Look to acquire at least two LH bats with good OBP and controlled through at least 2024.  Anybody in the minors except Ramos, Rodriguez, Montgomery, Colas, Vera and Sanchez can be used to get those LH bats.

You take all those guys off the table and we don't have a lot to deal.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You take all those guys off the table and we don't have a lot to deal.

There only guy on that list that the Sox should consider being untouchable is Montgomery. Vera hasn't even pitched so he's not going to be in trade talks. Rodriguez has cratered his value with his poor start. Sanchez is probably a utility guy. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, raBBit said:

There only guy on that list that the Sox should consider being untouchable is Montgomery. Vera hasn't even pitched so he's not going to be in trade talks. Rodriguez has cratered his value with his poor start. Sanchez is probably a utility guy. 

Probably right about Sanchez. Would still love for him to get a chance over Harrison/Leury.

2 hours ago, T R U said:

Nothing could make this season worse than the Sox continuing to struggle and Rick Hahn being allowed to waste assets to try and salvage a season when we don't have the ammo to add anything that's going to change the world overnight.

and you just know that's what will happen.

14 hours ago, fathom said:

You joke but it’s not out of the realm of possibility that this team is in the position to sell

I wouldn't be surprised, nor would I necessarily mind, if there was a re-tooling.  But I don't trust the folks in charge, including TLR, to do it right.

35 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Lenyn Sosa though... Love what he's done so far. I'd imagine his value has jumped a bit. 

15 hours ago, fathom said:

You joke but it’s not out of the realm of possibility that this team is in the position to sell

Look at all the years the Sox were in "buy" mode when they were a garbage team. I feel there's no way they sell this year. 

There were a plethora of talented free agents available in the winter and now because Hahn wasn't creative enough and/or JR refused to open up his wallet, the attention goes to the trade deadline. This team is super flawed and it is Hahn's fault for ignoring the glaring needs during the winter. I've seen enough of the  Josh Harrison/ Leury combo platter at 2B. I've seen enough of the revolving door in RF. Hahn deserves to be fired. Sadly, that won't happen. The front office, Steve Stone and TLR will continue to call out Sox fans for being frustrated at the current product and performance. How dare us!!  

Anderson will be 32 when he needs a new contract. I'm honestly not sure a team with self-imposed budgetary constraints should be re-signing him. 

If they're doing a re-tool he should be on the table. 

They're stuck with Moncada/Eloy/Grandal for the remainder of their deals. 

Edited by Jack Parkman