Trade Talk With Rick Hahn/Merkin

caulfield12

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

I wonder what Walt Hriniak is up to now a days. Bring him back. 

Ron, refresh my memory with Walt.  Did he help or hinder Robin Ventura?  Same question with Frank.  

10 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I take it Walt wouldn't administer steroids into his ass cheeks

But if you remember Sosa is his two years he was way too undisciplined to completely change his style of hitting overnight.  Did Hrniak gel with any Latin American players on the Sox at that time?

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So you're sticking with that numbers for the bet?  I offered the opportunity for you to lower it to make things more interesting.

What are we betting on again?  All I know is I think we have maybe the best team in the history of the franchise and you’re worried about the Twins.  

12 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

What are we betting on again?  All I know is I think we have maybe the best team in the history of the franchise and you’re worried about the Twins.  

This team most certainly isn't the best, not even close to maybe best team in the history of this franchise.  LOL.  I mean, we are all homer Sox fans here, but come on.

9 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

At that point I said 93 wins, you said 109.

I offered to let you lower it down closer to the midpoint, 101-103.

This is not close to being the best team in the history of the franchise.  Most talented collection of individuals, perhaps, but with Grandal falling off the map, Moncada slumping and Eloy MIA, not sure how we can even say that's true.  It's TA7, Robert (when on the field) and maybe Vaughn.  That's not nearly enough with the numbers our so-called complementary players are posting.

And I was one of the few a month ago that was worried about the Twins.  Not just because of their next 9 remaining games on the schedule, but because they're playing so much more loosely and actually having fun, just like the 2020 White Sox (until the final two weeks or so of that season...when they suddenly got really tight.)

That team had comeback after comeback in them and battled you until the final out.

This version goes in prolonged slumps where they look like they will never score another run again, especially hitting with RISP,

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At that point I said 93 wins, you said 109.

I offered to let you lower it down closer to the midpoint, 101-103.

This is not close to being the best team in the history of the franchise.  Most talented collection of individuals, perhaps, but with Grandal falling off the map, Moncada slumping and Eloy MIA, not sure how we can even say that's true.  It's TA7, Robert (when on the field) and maybe Vaughn.  That's not nearly enough with the numbers our so-called complementary players are posting.

And I was one of the few a month ago that was worried about the Twins.  Not just because of their next 9 remaining games on the schedule, but because they're playing so much more loosely and actually having fun, just like the 2020 White Sox (until the final two weeks or so of that season...when they suddenly got really tight.)

That team had comeback after comeback in them and battled you until the final out.

This version goes in prolonged slumps where they look like they will never score another run again, especially hitting with RISP,

I believe it just has to click here pretty soon and they go on a 20-5 tear or similar.