Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BamaDoc

5/25 Games

Recommended Posts

Oh not a good Burke start. No bueno for all games except Tatum and Ellis in W-S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder if Tatum can maintain his .512 BABIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Colas hitting .261 at high A at age 23 is scary......in a bad way. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Colas hitting .261 at high A at age 23 is scary......in a bad way. 

It's still better than Yoelqui's .270 OBP as a 24 year old in AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Colas hitting .261 at high A at age 23 is scary......in a bad way. 

Lol. Barely 125 PA in another country/culture. Dude can go 4-4 tomorrow and raise his average 30+ points. 

Chill.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Lol. Barely 125 PA in another country/culture. Dude can go 4-4 tomorrow and raise his average 30+ points. 

Chill.

Not only that but he hasn't played in 2 yrs. I think he's actually doing pretty good under the circumstances.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Colas hitting .261 at high A at age 23 is scary......in a bad way. 

You're like a heat seeking missile of negativity. Fathom tells you in the game thread he's been bad so you look it up and forget everything else about the player and the adjustments he's had to make in his life and all the baseball rust he's had to shake off and a recent injury he's coming back from.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You're like a heat seeking missile of negativity. Fathom tells you in the game thread he's been bad so you look it up and forget everything else about the player and the adjustments he's had to make in his life and all the baseball rust he's had to shake off and a recent injury he's coming back from.

All of the scouting reports I've read on Colas have been positive, and I think he's been performing well in games. A 120 wRC+ with solid plate discipline is very encouraging when you consider all of the extenuating circumstances surrounding him this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

All of the scouting reports I've read on Colas have been positive, and I think he's been performing well in games. A 120 wRC+ with solid plate discipline is very encouraging when you consider all of the extenuating circumstances surrounding him this year.

But that batting average though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Colas BA is higher than five starters on the White Sox OBP if you want to have fun.

Edited by BamaDoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely despise when main board posting makes its way in here.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Colas hitting .261 at high A at age 23 is scary......in a bad way. 

I could tell you why this young savage is doing fine, why the scouting reports are great, etc., and everything else you'd know if you didn't poison the FS well, but instead I'll respond appropriately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC wasn't Colas just hitting like .295 earlier in the week? few bad games will do that with so few PAs. power is what I will keep a watch on mostly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmags said:

Absolutely despise when main board posting makes its way in here.

Any chance he can be banned from certain sub forums? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And for the record, I’m very high on Colas.  Love how fluid he looks.  My post in the game thread was simply meant to imply he’s not forcing the issue to where you need to leave a Major League outfield spot open for him as soon as next season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bmags said:

Absolutely despise when main board posting makes its way in here.

I'm a regular reader of this board, I just don't post as often. I check these threads every day, FYI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Colas hitting .261 at high A at age 23 is scary......in a bad way. 

Jack, he was just at 900 OPS like a week ago. He's had a cold stretch for a week, come on. 

He's still a prime savage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fathom said:

And for the record, I’m very high on Colas.  Love how fluid he looks.  My post in the game thread was simply meant to imply he’s not forcing the issue to where you need to leave a Major League outfield spot open for him as soon as next season.

I figured that's what you meant when Caulfield brought his name up but certain people can't figure that out and take a deeper look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×