Sox vs Sox Rubbermatch and Season Finale- 7:10 CT

Nice how banks can be sent back out yet foster can't? I wonder what the players think about the constant terrible decisions game after game?  How can they seriously care at this point when it's doesn't seem like leadership does.

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Not patient waiting for+the right pitch.  Pulling the ball when he needs to go to right side.

Pollock and Harrison were clearly candidates for regression and Sheets was lightning in a bottle like the first seasons for Palka and Delmonico.

But nobody expected Grandal to completely fall off a cliff offensively.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

I dont have anything to back this up but a feeling of mine is that the FO is pushing for DK starts. Gotta justify that 18 million 

If DK is announced as starter again in a home game, fans should boycott the game, and let him pitch to an empty stadium.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

I dont have anything to back this up but a feeling of mine is that the FO is pushing for DK starts. Gotta justify that 18 million 

But having him start and get bombed every time out isn't really justifying the money is it? It's kinda showing you wasted the money on a washed up hack. 

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

TLR has to go if we are to come back this season. Bad decisions in practically every game.

That is NOT happening under the current owner.  It only happens if LaRussa walks away from this himself, which seems unlikely.  

3 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I guarantee you TLR has DK make his next start. After all he is the smartest man in the room. Just ask him. And now at nearly 80 friggen years old he is also the most stubborn man in the room.

He is going to ride DK and Grandal and Harrison and Garcia until the wheels completely fall off. I mean they have to start producing sooner or later. 

Unfortunately he’s not the only one that thinks we should keep pitching DK. I wish he was the only one, then I could claim a grip on my sanity.

This could have been the game we needed. Down 6-0, looking like another laugher, and Vaughn comes in and pumps up the team and gets the crowd rocking. 7-5, full momentum on our side. What does TLR do? Brings in a player from AAA to come in and give up 4 runs. This organization is just so laughably bad I can't even believe it. 

Edited by reiks12

2 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Nice how banks can be sent back out yet foster can't? I wonder what the players think about the constant terrible decisions game after game?  How can they seriously care at this point when it's doesn't seem like leadership does.

Banks brought in to pitch only down 2 runs, now he is still pitching 58 pitches later, and we are down 6 runs now.  TLR throws in the towel when we are only down two, and let’s the game get out of hand.  Not going all out to keep the game close.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Wasn’t this obvious when the offseason ended 

Yeah, but I didn’t think they would be this average. They need to go on a streak to overtake Minnesota. I am not convinced they can do that or turn this season around.