Donaldson apologies to Robinson, "understanding" with TA

southsider2k5

Donaldson is a well known POS. Don't know if the comment is racist was or not it was borderline only Donaldson knows what his intent was. It clearly was an insult regardless and using Jackie name as an insult was disrespectful to not only Anderson and Jackie.

Anyways glad Anderson and the Whitesox are just moving on from this. Donaldson is for the MLB and Yankees to figure out.

Edited by wrathofhahn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

He basically says Tim took it wrong, and based on prior exchanges, he put the blame for the “misunderstanding “ on Tim. I think I have that right. But NOW, its all  good, he straightened Tim out.

He could have meant something different then what Anderson took it. Regardless only a dumbass says something borderline to someone they aren't tight with that could be taken the wrong way or someone who is trying be slick.

Either way Donaldson just needs to stfu and go away

Edited by wrathofhahn

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

He basically says Tim took it wrong, and based on prior exchanges, he put the blame for the “misunderstanding “ on Tim. I think I have that right. But NOW, its all  good, he straightened Tim out.

That's how I took it, the old "I am sorry you are offeneded" type of "apology".  That's why I was curious what TA had to say, because last time Donaldson talk, he lied to the media.

If Josh Donaldson was a real man, with integrity, he would have shown contrition and reached out directly to offer a sincere apology to Tim on Saturday/Sunday, and tried to make amends with the Robinson family beyond a half ass PR release.

This was just a failed PR gesture, with no sincere remorse or understanding for what he did and why it was wrong and caused harm.

I don't have any faith that Donaldson will make true amends or understand, at least at this stage of his life. Like John Rocker, his sole concern was/is how it impacts other's acceptance of him, and shows little to no acceptance of how others are impacted by his actions.

23 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Not sure what the heck this means in regards to Timmy, but I would be curious to hear TA's side of this, as last time Donaldson just straight up lied.

Donaldson is a classic POS!

There is an obvious reason he has played on 6 teams in 12 years. His teammates hate him and Judge and Boone threw him under the bus!

The disturbing BS apology is to the Robinson family when he said, “I would also like to apologize to Mrs. Rachel Robinson and the Jackie Robinson family for any distress the incident may have caused. Jackie was a true American hero and I hold his name in the highest regard.”  This was a complete disingenuous and BS quote. If a player truly held Jackie Robinson as an American hero and his name in the highest regard, then a real player would never use "Hey Jackie to TA" which was such a sarcastic racist remark.