5/28 - Cubs @ Sox

Heads22

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't think its his fault,  but you are probably right, they have to do something.  They won't fire themselves or LaRussa.

I agree completely. It seems like he is saying the right things, but clearly the message is not getting through to the players. It's the most obvious move they can make at this point 

Awful at bats. Team looks dead (I know that's subjective). A lousy Cubs team owning the Sox in Game One. Bring in Ozzie or ask Renteria to be interim the rest of the season. Tony should resign now and go enjoy retirement.

If they don't want to do this at the very worst demote the 3B coach immediately. His blunder was a factor tonight.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

AJP just criticized TLR for having a different lineup every game.  And that tonight the 8 th and 9 th hitters are 5 for 6 and the top of the lineup zilch.  Bring AJP as manager to shake things up.

Not the right time for AJP. Too inexperienced combined with outspoken. It's not like he's beloved by all the players. Bring Renteria back as fill in if you don't want Ozzie.

Just now, fathom said:

When I first saw Harrison was batting 2nd, I figured the Cubs changed their starting pitcher and it was a lefty.  It’s just comical he was batting 2nd today. 

Comical he is still on the team let alone batting 2nd

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

I just don't see how Frank lasts another 10 games. 

Frank?

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Thing is, and I still believe this.....It just doesn't make sense for them to blow everything up. Not with the way the division is in 2022, the Sox farm system, and the way the current "core" is structured from a contract perspective. They basically have to go down with the ship, or somehow figure it out with the core that is in place. 

I unfortunately agree. Letting these dipshits blow this up and try again would be both unsurprising knowing what we know about Reinsdorf but also completely unacceptable

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Preserve the pen for Sunday when we have had four off days in a week and another on Monday.

No offense to you, but the Sox need to play ball and not worry about saving players and resting players. It's annoying. Just play the game and get hot, White Sox.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, greg775 said:

No offense to you, but the Sox need to play ball and not worry about saving players and resting players. It's annoying. Just play the game and get hot, White Sox.

Greg is now a better manager than TLR.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

The most obvious outcome for this season is that TLR will get fired / "resign" and Kirk Hirich will become manager.

That would be awesome. I'm surprised Hinrich isn't a bulls assistant or at least part of the bulls org. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Frank?

I unfortunately agree. Letting these dipshits blow this up and try again would be both unsurprising knowing what we know about Reinsdorf but also completely unacceptable

The tank years were certainly low pressure years. Sox were trying to lose and fans had some "name players" to drool over as they made their move thru the system. Only a few fans seemed to be against the tank.

• Fire 1