5/28 - Cubs @ Sox

Heads22

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yes please.  Most unlikeable Sox team in a very long time 

With every game having to be within a three run window we don't even get the occasional laugher

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Cubs - Sox on a Saturday night in May and I won’t be watching a second. Sitting on the couch about to watch an episode of Stranger Things. 

Such a sad state of affairs. 

Just started stranger things season 4 with my daughter today.  Definitely the darkest season so far. Very good. 

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

Pollock with a noodle for an arm. Sox defense is as much a problem as their lack of hitting. 

How could anyone possibly think he could play RF when he was acquired and say it with a straight face?  How could the scouts sign off on that one?

4 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Biggest surprise no Leury and Harrison hitting second.  We need Robert and Eloy back along with the good Moncada.  This lineup has too many holes.  It is a .500 team lineup.

Edited by hankchifan

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Biggest surprise no Leury and Harrison hitting second.  We need Robert and Eloy back along with the good Moncada.  This lineup has too many holes.  It is a .500 team lineup.

Eloy won’t be back for a while.  Training staff fucked up once again 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This team really think they’re contending with Harrison batting 2nd?  Like what the hell has happened to this organization.  

I think it's because they aren't 10 games under .500 and they are just content to be a .500 team right now. They have no sense of urgency and they have this false belief that the team is going to get better. They aren't getting any better unless changes are made. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

what exactly is tony doing

if he'd like to ejected for no good reason i think most of us are fine with that

I'd be happy with him telling the home plate ump to fuck off when he delivers the lineup card every game and then have someone drive Tony to the hotel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I think it's because they aren't 10 games under .500 and they are just content to be a .500 team right now. They have no sense of urgency and they have this false belief that the team is going to get better. They aren't getting any better unless changes are made. 

Too many players are having terrible seasons. This year is just lost. 

Idk whether they should sell or hope that some of these guys bounce back next year. 

Anyway, I'm out camping. Is Cueto getting shelled or is it poor defense and getting BABIPed to death? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

This team really think they’re contending with Harrison batting 2nd?  Like what the hell has happened to this organization.  

They've won 1 championship in 100 years. They were beat soundly the last 2 postseasons. They hadn't made the playoffs in 12 years prior to 2020. Maybe nothing has changed because things are the same as they ever were and they aren't a good organization?

• Like 3

Just now, soxfan49 said:

They've won 1 championship in 100 years. They were beat soundly the last 2 postseasons. They hadn't made the playoffs in 12 years prior to 2020. Maybe nothing has changed because things are the same as they ever were and they aren't a good organization?

And people like you question my pessimism?