Dallas Keuchel DFA

SoxFanForever

Just now, Sarava said:

The end of a terrible signing. We were talking before about turning points of the rebuild. It was kind of early on, but missing out on Wheeler and settling for Keuchel has not gone well.

The playoffs his first year is the spot where I was done with the 3 year deal...suffering through the last season and 1/3 sucked

Finally happened, thank God.

But celebrating is acknowledging another link in the long chain for Rick Hahn's failures as GM. 

He's probably doing the same eat pie shit come next season for Grandal.

Rick Hahn should have been fired today along with Dallas Keuchel. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

At least he has his pride.

"I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith, as there's a drive into deep left field by Story and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 6-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this uniform again."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

VV is fine in the bullpen, he and Keuchel weren't even REMOTELY close, in terms of levels of suck.

Lynn
Giolito
Kopech
Cease
Cueto

That's a pretty good rotation, hope they perform up to expectations but they're going to need help from the offense.

This isn't the 50's and 60's when the Sox won on pitching and defense. 

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

But they still might pick up the option!!!!!! Lol

As the old adage goes, they might be dumb, but they're not stupid! Although I don't see anyone picking Keuchel up, I'm sure there could be a team GM dumb enough to think he can change him. Good riddance Dallas and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

Sox would have won five of their last six had it not been for him.

He's pretty much the only starter getting run support, but he ends up giving up 6 runs every time. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He said we couldn’t release Keuchel because he read somewhere that in the new CBA if you DFA someone you are on the hook for any potential vesting option even with a different team.

That doesn't make any sense...and I can't ever see the owners being ok with that. 

• Like 2