Dallas Keuchel DFA

SoxFanForever

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Bye asshole you won't be missed. Now go run your mouth

Seems we end up saying that about 1/4th our FA acquisitions.  Although this case is quite different from Dunn, Keppinger, Herrera, Alonso, Holland, Eaton and LaRoche to name a few.

Dunn at least was a nice guy and contributed a lot in 2012.

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

So that makes it 2 years in a row now where we've eaten a considerable amount of money to DFA someone mid-season. I think we still owe Keuchel around $12 million the rest of the year. Hahn is so good at wasting money lol. 

Money he could have used  for a quality 2B and/or RF.

3 minutes ago, AlSoxfan said:

Well in this case maybe he shouldn't

I meant Jerry Reinsdorf…but surely Keuchel will burn some bridges on his way out the door.  We might get some insight on what’s wrong with the team (besides him) depending on how candid he actually is.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I meant Jerry Reinsdorf…but surely Keuchel will burn some bridges on his way out the door.  We might get some insight on what’s wrong with the team (besides him) depending on how candid he actually is.

Yes I know who you meant and you're probably right about Keuchel, he seems to like pointing his finger at everyone. It'll be interesting to see what he says. Jerry has given Hahn/KW plenty of money to build and better this team, but they've wasted to much of it. I'm sure Jerrys talking to his buddy and wouldn't be to surprised to see TLR as our next GM. and that really scares me

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Seems we end up saying that about 1/4th our FA acquisitions.  Although this case is quite different from Dunn, Keppinger, Herrera, Alonso, Holland, Eaton and LaRoche to name a few.

Dunn at least was a nice guy and contributed a lot in 2012.

Adam Dunn stole 19 bases for the Reds in 2002 as a 22 year old. If you can imagine that.

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

And there was much rejoicing. Yay. 

Rejoicing is not the word I would use. Relief. Relief that someone took the shovel out of the guy’s hand that was digging furiously  at the bottom of the hole in the front yard. And beat that guy over the head with it. And, we are relieved the hole in the front yard stopped getting deeper.

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I bumped the thread from 2019 but locked it. There may be another one, but I couldn't find it. 

Parkman for the win on this one.

I scanned through it. Not many exactly pumping fists in the air on the signing. Mostly, 'we'll see'.