Dallas Keuchel DFA

SoxFanForever

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

One of the worst starters to wear a Sox uniform. Man he stunk. Sox have had a ton of miserable pitchers and he was right up there.

Disagree.  DK was good until he was popped for sticky stuff.  He was 6-1 in 2020.  Then, fell apart after the crack down.  Clear HOU was behind the Tack.   Who knows how his career would be now if the Tack was never exposed.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, FoxForce2 said:

I scanned through it. Not many exactly pumping fists in the air on the signing. Mostly, 'we'll see'.

There must be another one from when the deal was actually announced but I couldn't find it. 

36 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I told everyone back in 2019 that Keuchel is a signing a dumb organization makes. 

I think that speaks for itself. 

To be fair you've said that about everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

He was 6-1 in 2020.  Then, fell apart after the crack down.  

How dare you use a W/L record as a category for a pitcher. The stat people decided W/L meant nothing so it means nothing. Your post was good other than those two sentences tho IMO.

• Haha 1

In one way I’m happy. In another way I’m disappointed and that is this…

I had seriously been considering making my career out of putting my net worth against Dallas starts for the rest of the year.

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Alternate take. A Cy Young winner goes to a shitty franchise with a horrible manager, rookie pitching coach, and falls apart. 

He just might get a chance with another pitching coach.  Will be unlikely to make much of a difference.

In fact, if you were to rank everyone on the coaching staff and front office, only Katz and Paddy would survive a hostile takeover.