Do the White Sox Make the Playoffs?

SoxBlanco

There’s definitely a high amount of frustration and panic around here right now. I’m curious which people think we make the playoffs and which do not. I don’t want to hear any “ifs”, like “if the offense wakes up…” or “if we get healthy…”.

You are welcome to discuss those things, but I also want a simple yes or no answer from everyone who wants to participate. As we sit here on May 28, gun to your head, do the White Sox make the playoffs this year?

I’ll start:  YES

Just now, White Sox Park said:

Yes absolutely, but i fear that hey won't put up much of a fight when they get there, unless they happen to be on a hot streak, and i can't remember the last time that happened.

The only nice thing about getting off to this poor start is that if we do make the playoffs, we’ll likely be trending in the right direction come playoff time. 

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

There’s definitely a high amount of frustration and panic around here right now. I’m curious which people think we make the playoffs and which do not. I don’t want to hear any “ifs”, like “if the offense wakes up…” or “if we get healthy…”.

You are welcome to discuss those things, but I also want a simple yes or no answer from everyone who wants to participate. As we sit here on May 28, gun to your head, do the White Sox make the playoffs this year?

I’ll start:  YES

Bunch of no care losers. 

I will take a shot and say no. (Though I would not be stunned if the team at some point gets hot, hot hot). I am thinking this Sox team is not built for modern baseball. Not enough successful lift and pull in the lineup and four automatic outs on a given night makes me think the offense will not be good nuff to get them int the playoffs. The defense is not playoff worthy.

Finally the pitching is not built for modern baseball. Potentially I like the starters, but only going 5 innings is not good enough with this lousy bullpen. The Sox have a great closer but you've got to get to the closer with a lead.

I'll gladly eat my words if TA, Moncada, Abreu, Vaughn, Grandal, Robert, Eloy turn into superstars (TA and Robert are only ones playing at superstar level). If they do, Sox could still make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

Yes. But likely bounced out in first round 

Yeah that’s the sad part. Making the playoffs is one thing. A World Series team they are not. 2005 was a fluke, the competition out there seems too good to expect this group to compete over multiple series in the post season.

Imo they need to beat the Twins head to head to make up ground and win the division.  Every season there are teams that underperform.  I'm afraid that's our Sox this year.  I'll be rooting all year but my gut says the answer is No.