Trade deadline

reiks12

11 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Do you really think anybody would want Moncada and his contract? If the White Sox make a big trade I'm expecting that Burger will be traded.

If Kopech’s knee discomfort is going to limit him, not seeing a very realistic path to chasing down two teams now that seem to have the White Sox number at least in the early season…

I've seen his name floated out there on the interwebs, but Miami isn't gonna trade Jazz Chisolm are they? I know Miami is perpetually rebuilding it feels like, but he's a 24 year old left handed 2nd baseman with power and speed. He owns a .900+ OPS vs RHP which the Sox could really use.

The random website that floated out his name as a target suggested Eloy for Jazz. I think it'd definitely have to be Eloy+, but I'd make that trade. 

I'm not ready to give up on Moncada, and Burger looks like a guy who should be the everyday DH. That means, until Abreu retires, Vaughn is I'm the outfield with Robert and Pollock. 

6 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I've seen his name floated out there on the interwebs, but Miami isn't gonna trade Jazz Chisolm are they? I know Miami is perpetually rebuilding it feels like, but he's a 24 year old left handed 2nd baseman with power and speed. He owns a .900+ OPS vs RHP which the Sox could really use.

The random website that floated out his name as a target suggested Eloy for Jazz. I think it'd definitely have to be Eloy+, but I'd make that trade. 

I'm not ready to give up on Moncada, and Burger looks like a guy who should be the everyday DH. That means, until Abreu retires, Vaughn is I'm the outfield with Robert and Pollock. 

Even if they were trying to, I don't think we have the trade capital. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Do you really think anybody would want Moncada and his contract? If the White Sox make a big trade I'm expecting that Burger will be traded.

His contract appears big to the Sox and Sox fans, but is quite reasonable for a team willing to pay money to players.

I certainly rather pay Moncada $66M over the next three years (or $46M over two + buyout) than pay $18M-$19M per season to mid 30s Grandal, Keuchel and Lynn. Baseball revenue will continue to rise, and there are no inflation clauses in the contracts.

The contracts that are problematic are those for players in their 30s for top dollar and several years. Contracts like Strasburg, Corbin, Rendon, Pujols, etc.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

His contract appears big to the Sox and Sox fans, but is quite reasonable for a team willing to pay money to players.

I certainly rather pay Moncada $66M over the next three years (or $46M over two + buyout) than pay $18M-$19M per season to mid 30s Grandal, Keuchel and Lynn. Baseball revenue will continue to rise, and there are no inflation clauses in the contracts.

The contracts that are problematic are those for players in their 30s for top dollar and several years. Contracts like Strasburg, Corbin, Rendon, Pujols, etc.

Especially as there is still the hope that Moncada is young enough that he could improve his offensive numbers again if injury free (a big if I know) whereas Grandal and Lynn will fall away with age.

5 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Especially as there is still the hope that Moncada is young enough that he could improve his offensive numbers again if injury free (a big if I know) whereas Grandal and Lynn will fall away with age.

Urshela and Garlick at 30 are the two oldest Twins’ position players.

For the Guardians, Maile (backup catcher) is 31 and Jose Ramirez turning 30 before the end of the season.

16 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

There's just no way they are willing to surrender all the pieces for Soto.

It would be Vera, Burger, Montgomery and Sosa/Ramos/Colas.

There's no way they are extending Soto into the $375 million range with JR still the owner, either.

I'd do that trade in a heart beat. They'd laugh at that offer

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 1