Cease and Graveman to Restricted List; Crick Up

Heads22

13 hours ago, Quin said:

You do realize the US and several other countries have the same restrictions.

Canada is currently the only country in the world still banning domestic travel for unvaccinated citizens. Various countries around the world, including New Zealand and Australia — two countries with the strictest COVID-19 requirements at the height of the pandemic — now allow their unvaccinated citizens to fly internationally.

32 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

Canada is currently the only country in the world still banning domestic travel for unvaccinated citizens. Various countries around the world, including New Zealand and Australia — two countries with the strictest COVID-19 requirements at the height of the pandemic — now allow their unvaccinated citizens to fly internationally.

The restrictions I'm talking about are for non-citizens getting in.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html

You must be fully vaccinated with the primary series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to travel to the United States by plane if you are a non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa). Only limited exceptions apply.

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I never said it's ideal

And let's face it these guys aren't getting to the ALCS anyway

Haha we still have to believe man. We don't have much of a choice at this point. And I would hope the teak has strongly considered this possibility at the least. 

14 hours ago, greg775 said:

Maybe the yoga is keeping him healthy. Maybe some of the Sox with hammy problems should take up yoga. Seriously. Sox players need hammy help.

I've long felt we need more stretching and less muscle building, so yoga's the ticket.

Sox made the TA for Robert move, but still no word on adding another player to replace Cease/Graveman on the roster (just Crick recalled yesterday).  

Not using the rules to their advantage here would be a real head scratcher.  They can literally call up anyone they want in the org and they don't have to be added to the 40 man if not on it, and they don't have to use an option if they are.  Just calling up an arm to eat innings in a blowout makes 100x more sense than not using it.  

Add another thing to the list of puzzling decisions the past 18 months.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox made the TA for Robert move, but still no word on adding another player to replace Cease/Graveman on the roster (just Crick recalled yesterday).  

Not using the rules to their advantage here would be a real head scratcher.  They can literally call up anyone they want in the org and they don't have to be added to the 40 man if not on it, and they don't have to use an option if they are.  Just calling up an arm to eat innings in a blowout makes 100x more sense than not using it.  

Add another thing to the list of puzzling decisions the past 18 months.  

Great time for Yolbert, who I would have no problem keeping around after Toronto anyway.

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Great time for Yolbert, who I would have no problem keeping around after Toronto anyway.

Exactly.  Just  give him a three game tryout at 2B; can send him right back after Toronto if need be.  What do you have to lose?  Nothing obviously.

But would imagine he (or anyone else) would have been mentioned in one of the press releases the last 24 hours.  So the Sox yet again put themselves at a competitive disadvantage for literally no reason whatsoever. 

EDIT: Some talk on Twitter that a pitcher that started within 3 days cannot be replaced.  Not sure if that is legit, but would at least make some sense. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

Peeping Cease's instagram now, he seems to be into some bizarre new age shit.  He's apparently really into yoga and I have a feeling that he's seeking advice from ill informed circles.  I was pretty surprised though.  

I wish the rest of the team was into yoga. I'll wager there would be fewer muscles injuries if they were.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I wish the rest of the team was into yoga. I'll wager there would be fewer muscles injuries if they were.

Of course then the entire team might be on the restricted list. Healthy, but sending a AA team to Torotno.

For someone that's 26 I can see not necessarily seeing a "need" to get vaccinated, but at the same time you're a professional athlete and part of that is being in safe quarters with others. Getting the vaccine will make that a bit safer for everybody, not a lot, but it all adds up.

Whatever, it's not worth arguing about this shit anymore, people have made up their minds.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

For someone that's 26 I can see not necessarily seeing a "need" to get vaccinated, but at the same time you're a professional athlete and part of that is being in safe quarters with others. Getting the vaccine will make that a bit safer for everybody, not a lot, but it all adds up.

Whatever, it's not worth arguing about this shit anymore, people have made up their minds.

There are $13,889 reasons for Cease to get vaccinated and $49,383 reasons for Graveman to get vaccinated.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That's how I used to feel, but now knowing you can still get it and spread it fully vaxxed, if someone doesn't want to get vaxxed, I really don't care anymore. I would think if you aren't vaxxed you would probably be a bit more careful. I know a few weeks after I got fully vaxxed I wasn't so careful, and got lucky I didn't get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

That's how I used to feel, but now knowing you can still get it and spread it fully vaxxed, if someone doesn't want to get vaxxed, I really don't care anymore. I would think if you aren't vaxxed you would probably be a bit more careful. I know a few weeks after I got fully vaxxed I wasn't so careful, and got lucky I didn't get it.

Exactly.  When we thought it was a true vaccine it was important.  Now that we know it doesn't stop transmission and it's more just to decrease your own symptoms,  go ahead and make yourself sick.

Except for my students, they can't afford to miss a week of classes.  We still are strict with masking and hand washing.

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1