Cease and Graveman to Restricted List; Crick Up

Heads22

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

What are the rules on this? I saw someone different than the previous night's win post a game thread the next day just last week or two weeks ago. Was it because there wasn't a thread at the time the lineup was announced?

If the person who started the previous game's thread doesn't show, at some point someone else needs to do it, but we've got an hour yet.

You could drive to the US for business but had to fly for personal. Snowbirds would fly to say Buffalo or Plattsburgh and pay a transport company to bring their car over. They kept asking why and no one could tell them. 

I'll say this, as someone vaccinated and boosted and recommends anyone who's able should as well...

Until someone says why they haven't been, I'll reserve judgment on why. There may be a reason they can't get vaccinated for all we know. Not saying this is the case here, but not everyone who is unvaccinated could necessarily be solely choosing not to get the shot.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

What are the rules on this? I saw someone different than the previous night's win post a game thread the next day just last week or two weeks ago. Was it because there wasn't a thread at the time the lineup was announced?

If you posted the previous game thread and they won, you must post the next game thread or you get banned. If you posted the last game thread and they lost, you can't post the next game thread or you get banned

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Heads22 said:

I'll say this, as someone vaccinated and boosted and recommends anyone who's able should as well...

Until someone says why they haven't been, I'll reserve judgment on why. There may be a reason they can't get vaccinated for all we know. Not saying this is the case here, but not everyone who is unvaccinated could necessarily be solely choosing not to get the shot.

I’d say there’s about a 1/100,000 chance young, healthy Dylan Cease has a reason for not getting vaccinated besides the obvious.  Make that 1/1 billion that both Cease and Graveman do.

45 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I’d say there’s about a 1/100,000 chance young, healthy Dylan Cease has a reason for not getting vaccinated besides the obvious.  Make that 1/1 billion that both Cease and Graveman do.

If you made a Venn Diagram of people who are medically unable to get vaccinated and people who are professional athletes, it would be two circles that are quite far apart from overlapping at all.

• Like 1

It seemed surprising to me that Canada would still be barring travel by people who are medically unable to be vaccinated and sure enough I tracked down the procedures to travel there if you are medically unable me to be vaccinated and the detailed list of qualifying conditions. I would strongly suggest that anyone who is unable to travel to Canada due to vaccine mandates is doing so because of their choice.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/awareness-resources/travellers-over-12-without-symptoms-medically-exempt-vaccination.html

https://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/vaccine/medical_exemptions_to_vaccination.pdf 

3 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

There is a 1 in 100,000 chance that Dylan Cease knows and interacts with people who are elderly and/or immuno-compromised?  I would take those odds.

Ah. The ol' vaccine thread in the main thread. Please lock this instead of throwing fuel on the fire as an admin. It's done. Everybody who has their stance has their stance and is not changing it. There is no healthy conversation to be had. close the thread. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is a 1 in 100,000 chance that Dylan Cease knows and interacts with people who are elderly and/or immuno-compromised?  I would take those odds.

Um, interacting with people who are elderly and immunocompromised is a recognized and legitimate exemption/reason to *refuse* the vaccine?  That's a reason you get one.  I think you're trying to agree with me but have gotten mixed up, amigo.

15 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Um, interacting with people who are elderly and immunocompromised is a recognized and legitimate exemption/reason to *refuse* the vaccine?  That's a reason you get one.  I think you're trying to agree with me but have gotten mixed up, amigo.

No, it is making the point that a vaccine is more than just the person getting it.

Is It? Gavin Newsome has entered the chat. 

It's a nuanced subject and we've tried for 2 years to have a civil one that and they all ultimately go off the rails. 

It's hard enough to have a civil conversation about Leury Garcia, let's not try out Covid again. It always ends in the same outcome. close the thread. 

22 minutes ago, he gone. said:

It's a nuanced subject and we've tried for 2 years to have a civil one that and they all ultimately go off the rails. 

It's hard enough to have a civil conversation about Leury Garcia, let's not try out Covid again. It always ends in the same outcome. close the thread. 

What do you mean it’s a nuanced subject?

38 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Agreed, I try to stay centered who leans to one side but I respect either side of the vax issue

1 hour ago, he gone. said:

There's not really a vaccine debate going on that I can see, though it seems like you want to start one?  All I've seen is people trading speculations about the established fact that Cease is not vaccinated, and those appeared to be over anyway.  Don't be a snowflake.  All is well.

• Fire 1