For us who are ignorant of the farm system

kitekrazy

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Who are the players to tune in to watch.

I have the MiLB sub and not really onto watching the Sox as of late. 

I guess team record in the minors is not as important as individuals.

So who are the ones to watch?

The heaviest amount of Sox potential is in the lower minors.

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm assuming A but which guys are the hope of the future?

Four for each level that are worth

AAA
Yolbert Sanchez SS/2b
Carlos Perez C
Davis Martin 

AA
Sean Burke RHP
Lenyn Sosa 2b
Jose Rodriguez SS
Yoelkis Cespedes OF
There are relievers in Broadway, Denlinger who were drafted last year as old draftees, but seeing as they are already in AA may be worth monitoring)

A+
Oscar Colas OF
Bryan Ramos 3b
Luis Mieses OF
Andrew Dalquist/Thompson
There are guys that are older/late round picks playing well in Adam Hackenberg, Terrell Tatum, and Duke Ellis that are fun this year

A
Christian Mena SP
Kohl Simas SP
Colson Montgomery SS
Wes Kath 3b

lots of young position players in bailey, Misael Gonzales, Beard, Wilfred Veras, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

19 hours ago, bmags said:

AAA
Yolbert Sanchez SS/2b
Carlos Perez C
Davis Martin 

AA
Sean Burke RHP
Lenyn Sosa 2b
Jose Rodriguez SS
Yoelkis Cespedes OF
There are relievers in Broadway, Denlinger who were drafted last year as old draftees, but seeing as they are already in AA may be worth monitoring)

A+
Oscar Colas OF
Bryan Ramos 3b
Luis Mieses OF
Andrew Dalquist/Thompson
There are guys that are older/late round picks playing well in Adam Hackenberg, Terrell Tatum, and Duke Ellis that are fun this year

A
Christian Mena SP
Kohl Simas SP
Colson Montgomery SS
Wes Kath 3b

lots of young position players in bailey, Misael Gonzales, Beard, Wilfred Veras, etc.

Really?

In the daily minor league games thread, the link including mlb like below will have the White Sox MLB top 30 highlighted in their box score.  You can also click their name in either link's box score and get career info.  The MILB player page has a little more background info such as draft status.  Also futuresox.com will have their more in-depth player top rankings lists.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=06/01/2022

Edited by BamaDoc
typo
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, bmags said:

AAA
Yolbert Sanchez SS/2b
Carlos Perez C
Davis Martin 

AA
Sean Burke RHP
Lenyn Sosa 2b
Jose Rodriguez SS
Yoelkis Cespedes OF

A+
Oscar Colas OF
Bryan Ramos 3b
Luis Mieses OF
Andrew Dalquist/Thompson

A
Christian Mena SP
Kohl Simas SP
Colson Montgomery SS
Wes Kath 3b

This is a great list.

10 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

you can use the trophy tag to indicate that without making a new post.

He doesn't give out any likes because he wants to "win the day" for most likes in a given day. It's bogus. 

• Haha 3

On 5/31/2022 at 12:44 PM, bmags said:

AAA
Yolbert Sanchez SS/2b
Carlos Perez C
Davis Martin 

AA
Sean Burke RHP
Lenyn Sosa 2b
Jose Rodriguez SS
Yoelkis Cespedes OF

A+
Oscar Colas OF
Bryan Ramos 3b
Luis Mieses OF
Andrew Dalquist/Thompson

A
Christian Mena SP
Kohl Simas SP
Colson Montgomery SS
Wes Kath 3b

Cespedes is quickly falling off the list for me. I said it in another thread, but his 1.92% BB% this season is simply pathetic. Major league pitchers would give him nothing good to hit. 

Edited by ron883

Eno Sarris always states who are teams behind with player development: Rockies, White Sox, Nationals, Texas, and Phillies. When is the last time we have drafted someone and developed into a starting pitcher, it’s been almost a decade. Carlos Rodon didn’t need too much development time being the #3 overall pick. 

Edited by PolishPrince34

30 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Eno Sarris always states who are teams behind with player development: Rockies, White Sox, Nationals, Texas, and Phillies. When is the last time we have drafted someone and developed into a starting pitcher, it’s been almost a decade. Carlos Rodon didn’t need too much development time being the #3 overall pick. 

Konnor Pilkington if you believe everyone yesterday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

Cespedes is quickly falling off the list for me. I said it in another thread, but his 1.92% BB% this season is simply pathetic. Major league pitchers would give him nothing good to hit. 

While it's definitely an area of concern, Tim did have a 2.3% walk rate in A+ ball.

Granted, that's offset by him having elite bat to ball skills / generating a higher .BABIP that he's sustained throughout his career.

4 hours ago, PolishPrince34 said:

It really kills me. The white sox and their broader media shills largely want fans only to focus on the white sox. The fact is, white sox player development has improved, especially over the last 6 years. International scouting and its production has improved. Drafting by and large has improved. I

But the white sox aren't competing against the 2014 white sox. Zoom out and within their own division it is hard to identify who they beat head to head. They are at best 3rd. In general, the white sox have improved at getting more out of their farm, but have gotten way, way worse at getting returns from mlb free agents.

Hahn took over in 2013. At the time, I would actually say the white sox had one part of their operation that may have been best in the league. Cooper and Schneider's philosophies were compatible and had a clear pitching type that Kenny was able to provide. Their health was best in baseball. Hitters got better at velo, cutters went out of vogue, and the sox had to move on.

What part of the organization can Hahn claim is the best in baseball? Is our scouting? Is our drafting? Is our hitting development? Pitching development? Strength and conditioning? Advanced scouting? 

What hahn would do is point out examples of teams that do x and are worse than the sox. But Hahn cannot point to anything he does that is better than the rays or dodgers or giants or astros. 

It is striking how similar hahn has made this org to the paxson era bulls. He has led a much more successful rebuild, but the white sox are so quick to point out how the excesses of a certain philosophy can lead to failures. You want us to spend spend spend but spending didn't help the Rangers this year (eesh, they have a better record than us, eesh)! You want analytics analytics analytics well look at how kevin cash pulled blake snell! 

But they can never look around and see how their moderation has failed to give them an advantage over the best teams in baseball, teams they are ostensibly competing with for championships. The white sox can only operate by hiring people they like and letting them do their jobs. No overarching philosophies and team building structures. The other teams are wrong, and given a long enough timeline, we will be proven right at least once and it will validate everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

While it's definitely an area of concern, Tim did have a 2.3% walk rate in A+ ball.

Granted, that's offset by him having elite bat to ball skills / generating a higher .BABIP that he's sustained throughout his career.

Yea TA is a different breed. Dude is basically a cheat code in that sense and you and I remember people here question him if he'll ever be a big leaguer with his walk rate.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yea TA is a different breed. Dude is basically a cheat code in that sense and you and I remember people here question him if he'll ever be a big leaguer with his walk rate.

No, he's just an average Road to the Show create a player.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2022 at 12:17 PM, kitekrazy said:

Who are the players to tune in to watch.

I have the MiLB sub and not really onto watching the Sox as of late. 

I guess team record in the minors is not as important as individuals.

So who are the ones to watch?

Honestly, no one.  It's a bad system.

Montgomery and Colas have a chance to be average MLB regulars.  But there are no potential stars here and the ceilings of pretty much all of these guys, other than Montgomery and Colas, is MLB middle reliever/bench player.  It's not worth anyone's time following who might become the next Leury Garcia or Danny Mendick.  Do something else.