Sox vs Blue Jays 6:07, Giolito vs Gausman

reiks12

There are so many parallels to the Twins' 2021 campaign here on this board and on the field for the Sox in 2022. Literally the exact same comments are being posted here as on the Twins board last year this time. Granted they were further under .500 but the run differential and overall performance was similar.

Sometimes a bunch of guys just get hurt and/or have shit years at the same time. Sometimes you have absolutely no depth to weather the storm. This is a bad team and wishcasting career slash lines on the lineup at this point (or health) is a fool's errand.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

People want Lucas traded, Cease is doomed to underperform his peripherals forever, letting Rodon walk was correct because he's been hurt a ton... there's basically no pitcher on earth who's good enough for Soxtalk

Pitching should be the least of our worries nowadays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sox bingo:

injury

starter blowup inning

three up three down

three up three down under 10 pitches

more than one error in an inning

moncada grimace (when playing)

I could go on.

Grandal grounder to right side.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't think it's a given he walks, otherwise I would agree with you. They were willing to pay up for Wheeler so that's proof to me they're willing to break from precedent for the right pitcher. I still think it's possible Lucas ends up signing an extension here for a bit more than what Berrios (7 years 131M) got from Toronto. But I understand I'm in the extreme minority in believing that's a possibility. I think he's a guy the Sox will do everything possible to keep, but I understand why everyone on here is very cynical about that possibility.

I thought an extension was a possibility until that arbitration in the offseason.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

anytime as a big leaguer you have a revenge game to raise your wRC+ over 30 you take it.

it's always been hilarious (and sad) to me how much worse his hitting has been than basically every other guy in a lineup that's been nothing but black holes